• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

What is the best online source for vinyl LPs?

shadowbox

Gold Supporting Member
Interested in your recommendations. There are a couple sites I've used, but maybe there are some other sources out there that I'm unaware of. I'm primarily interested in sites that have a catalog of newly released LPs.

BPlexico

Gold Supporting Member
well darn. I misread your message as specific to used vinyl specifically. The other recommendations are spot on, Acoustic Sounds, Music Direct and Amazon. You can also checkout Amoeba.

Fitzer

Silver Supporting Member
Interested in your recommendations. There are a couple sites I've used, but maybe there are some other sources out there that I'm unaware of. I'm primarily interested in sites that have a catalog of newly released LPs.
You might check and see If your local record store has an online store and funnel your cash to them.

Alan Dunn

I have a few friends with large record collections - 20,000 LP's / Singles or more. The lion's share of their collections is from yard / boot sales and Op shops.
They occasionally sell online - but they will never buy anything online unless there's no alternative and the price is right.

Wiz-ski

Double Platinum Member
+1 on your local record store!

but doing a total 180 on that sentiment - if you buy from Amazon, they send you a link to download the mp3s when you order - if that kinda thing is important to you

shadowbox

Gold Supporting Member
I have a few friends with large record collections - 20,000 LP's / Singles or more. The lion's share of their collections is from yard / boot sales and Op shops.
They occasionally sell online - but they will never buy anything online unless there's no alternative and the price is right.
The vinyl shop near me closed; the owner moved to eBay. It's a shame, as I was in his job every Saturday. I'm happy that many artists are now dropping CDs and vinyl versions.

Alan Dunn

Because you can buy for a $1 or less pretty much anything at yard sales and OP Shops.
At online retail prices they'd have spent closer to a half million, maybe more putting their collection together - and these people are just regular folks with regular working class wages.

Doug's Tubes

Because you can buy for a $1 or less pretty much anything at yard sales and OP Shops.
At online retail prices they'd have spent closer to a half million, maybe more putting their collection together - and these people are just regular folks with regular working class wages.
Help me find Bruce Springsteen's October 23rd vinyl release for $1.

pnwkiwi

Local record store first, Bandcamp second (also supply lossless digital download with vinyl purchase), AcousticSounds third and failing these ... Amazon.

Yamaha 1421

Even though i have most of what I want these days having collected for many years every now and then I will still try to upgrade a recording with a cleaner sleeve and record. This guy is going to have those and will have Lps that you very unlikely to see in your local record store.....................ever. he is not cheap but if your looking for something and not finding it he probably has it. https://www.recordsbymail.com/

Trending Topics