what is the best pedal score you ever had?

jpervin

I found a used Boss DM-2 with the original box at Guitar Center several years ago. Paid $40 for it.

Alex Law

Completely mint (with boxes) 1981 Dyna Comp & Phase 90, fifty bucks a piece. Sold them for not a whole lot more, and really wish I hadn't.

asintoras

whole loaded pedaltrain board with PP2, cables and lotsa high end pedals at a Pawnshop

pedaltrain 2
PedalPower2
Keeley compressor
Keeley BluesDriver
Stock Bluesdriver
Durham Sexdrive
Durham Mucho Boosto
Tu-2
Ernie Ball Volume Pedal
VisualSound H2O chorus and delay

$269..........

I bought it and ran Forest ran........

sold all but the Sexdrive, compressor, tuner, board and powersupply

played thru it for awhile first......kinda felt like feeling up somebody else's girlfriend......and she liked it.
That pawnshop was here in College Station?

I guess my best deals went through e-bay:
Carl Martin Delayla XL for $140, and a Danelectro Daddy-O overdrive for $17.

However I got a great deal on Craigslist with a Tech21 Sansamp Bass Driver programmable for $80, and a Yamaha BB 450 bass (yeah, it is not a pedal) from the 80's for $80 in a pawnshop here in Bryan.

KrazyKarl

I got a Vox Time machine that had been used twice for $175. I figure I saved about $100 off the new price if you include tax, which I was rather happy about.

However, I think TheCommunistPig got a better deal. :D

i once traded a Danelectro Milkshake Chorus pedal for my life... i feel that was a pretty good deal.

reeced

A while back, Digitech RP200 for £5 ($7) at a car boot sale.
And, just last weekend, an absolute mint Digitech GNX3000 complete with GATOR bag, manual, cables etc for £50 ($76) from a local free-ad paper.

andrewi

A MINT Arion SCH-1 for $30 from a guy on Craigslist. Drove 30 minutes and met him at like 10:00 at night, well worth the trip.

Passenger84

Silver Supporting Member
'70's Ross phaser on ebay for $20 from a guy who appeared to be illiterate in his listing, so no one else bid.

And an Arion SAD-1 at Guitar Center for $40 from a salesman who said it was a broken overdrive.

Not the best scores ever, but two of my favorites. :)

soli528

Look, my first gold medal.
Gold Supporting Member
Just made a trade in the emporium for a Lovepedal Ezekiel which I guess there's only 10 of in existence (this is a red one with Raytheon Ge trannies). It's not the value or anything financial that made it a great deal, but rather that I just now have an uber-rare LP in perfect shape, and it is glorious sounding!
Sean really got these right, but I guess they were a pain in the ass to build so they're quite limited.

Jim S

Platinum Supporting Member
Teese Picture Wah
Turbotuner

I can live without my other pedals

jakepardee

Back in the late 1980's I was out in Reseda, Ca with my wife. She was visiting a friend so I wandered off to an amp dealer in the area. I was pondering some gizmos under the glass. I noticed a TC Chorus/Flanger/Vibrato pedal in the BOX! It was priced $59.00. Nice guy that I can be sometimes I told the proprietor that I believed this item was priced incorrectly. He kind of snootily insisted he knew his business just fine. Well, I dashed over to where my wife was visiting to grab the check book. A couple of months later the snootmaster called me saying that he had misplaced my check. I puffed up and said .... ' oh no you didn't !' you just realized that I was correct in trying to help you realize you had under priced your pedal by about $300.00. He then tried begging and I basically said NO and hung up. Irony is: I had bought an amplifier there a while back and when I had asked for a discount he said NO! Well, the day I spied the TC those same amps were going for about $300.00 less. Justice!

Last edited:

candh

A friend gave me an old Boss Dimension-C a few weeks ago. I'll probably never use it but it seems to quite a popular relic.

Joe Silence

in 1989 i got a lavender (Made in Kansas) Ross Phaser Distortion for $7.

all i had to do was replace the power cable.

i LOVE the phase shifter in it!

KevinFinn

Both were trades...

Had an eight year old Hot Rod Deville 410 I traded for a fairly new '59 RI Bassman 410 last year.

Also had a new Swollen Pickle that I traded with some guy who gave me a nearly mint Green Russian Big Muff (it had seen rare studio use only for 15+ years).

Don't know what either guy was thinking.

cyberpunk409

i got a 1979 MXR Distortion+ for 10 bucks :)

Scored it in 1999 in czech republic, the guy had no idea what it was, and $10 was quite a bit of cash for them back then!!! SCORE!

Trending Topics