What is the BEST small footprint chorus pedal for live work?

papersoul

Silver Supporting Member
I am getting sick of my modded BF-2 flanger and miss having chorus on my board. I used to have a Jacques Meistersinger and it was great. Great chorus.

Need something that will work on clean and gain. I used chorus in front of the amp.

I do prefer analog but I am open to opinions and suggestions.

Any others out there for cheaper?

Any Boss units? CH-1? CE-3? CE-5? I'd be willing to mod with a Pedal Hackers or similar kit.

Thanks!

Rich

3 chord me

I recently added a chorus pedal to my board. I went with a hardwire cr-7. I compared it to a small clone and boss ce-5.

papersoul

Silver Supporting Member
I recently added a chorus pedal to my board. I went with a hardwire cr-7. I compared it to a small clone and boss ce-5.
How's it compare???? It is digital though, right? I always think of modulation effects as being analog for the warmest sounds.

lougio

Have you ever heard/seen the Analogman Mini Chorus? Very compact and the sound is great. Mine has the mix knob to dial in the right amount of chorus. It may be a little too expensive though at around $200. But is does sound great.:aok

psquared

Silver Supporting Member
If you can find an analog version of the CE-5, I think that's the best, cheapest option at around $40. The Arion SCH-Z is also wonderful for cheap.

CyrilW

Silver Supporting Member
Analogman Mini Chorus with the mix knob. Sounds magical to me and the mix knob lets you dial in just the right amount of chorus for your setup.

Last edited:

dalandan

Laugh if you want but I always go back to my cheap DanElectro Fab Chorus. Very warm, smooth, and suttle.
first pedal I bought. Decent, not great. I agree with the warmth, smoothness, and subtlety. Not for the 80's hair type chorus. More for the "fatten up your tone" chorus.

Depending on taste.

Sch-1
Clone
Retro-Sonic
I use thet SCH-1. Best Leslie that's not a leslie IMHO.

kevin hart

Silver Supporting Member
Find a used Boss CE-2.
Set Speed to 10 o'clock and turn Depth all the way up... David Lindley's
settings.
Still my favorite chorus sound.

Kestrel

I like the Hardwire CR-7. Even though it's digital you can get some really nice and lush Chorus sounds out of it. True bypass too. As for analog, I really like the Visual Sound Liquid Chorus.

Perry D.

Silver Supporting Member
+1 on the AM Mini Chorus!

Have you ever heard/seen the Analogman Mini Chorus? Very compact and the sound is great. Mine has the mix knob to dial in the right amount of chorus. It may be a little too expensive though at around $200. But is does sound great.:aok

Trending Topics