• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

What Is The Deal With Used Timmy prices?

Kennyscrown

Wish we could get them new in the U.K. cheapest I’ve seen one here is £150, which is virtually $200

GeorgeNada

I think some people just figure if they put something “limited edition” or “mk1” or “early version” on reverb for a stupid high price some dummy out there with too much money, too little sense, and a bad case of G.A.S might decide they have to have it for their pedal collection. If I needed a Timmy I’d probably just buy new or offer one of the low priced used listings $100

woolyh

Wish we could get them new in the U.K. cheapest I’ve seen one here is £150, which is virtually $200
You used to be able to get them new here but the "dealers" would sell them for £200 :facepalm

I assume the little international distribution (if any?) is at least partly responsible for the high used prices as they cost at least $200 in Europe.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
I suspect that the original manufacturer, @PaulC may have run into the same problem that most of the pedal guys I know have: it costs big money to ship overseas, and because tracking works sporadically, if at all, you get endless "where's my widget" emails. I won't sell a pedal to an overseas buying without a LONG come to Jesus talk about how long it's going to take and how tracking doesn't work and how it just may disappear on their end! I know Lovepedal has to charge $35 for shipping, and when you start at $130, add that, then the taxes and fees... It's going to be a 200 euro pedal.

Ebay might be a better bet for this-they have their captive shipping system that allows them to ship overseas for a pretty reasonable amount, and tracking and replacing stolen stuff is up to them. Find a decent deal on a used one there.

coltonius

Señor Member
New Timmy Overdrive pedals are readily available at $129. Used prices on Timmy OD’s range from $119 to over $400.

New Timmy pedals seem like a better deal to me. Do relic’d Timmy pedals have better tone? What is the deal?
The $2-400 ones are V1 with internal DIPs rather than the external toggle. Some may even be on perfboard.

The other “high” priced ones appear to be custom colors from specific dealers. Red with black screenprint, for instance, is Guitar Sanctuary in McKinney, TX. Internals on all V2 should be identical.

EDIT: LOL that an Alchemy Audio clone in a bare enclosure is right up there with the originals. Keep dreaming! :rotflmao

jrockbridge

Now, I've run into another complication.

How do I use multiple gift cards to pay for one item on reverb? I guess I can purchase Reverb gift cards with my Visa but they only sell those cards in multiple of $25 which puts a wrinkle in trying to use a $15 or $20 Visa gift card.

I think I may have figured out a way around it all using PayPal. But, PP won't let you send money to yourself. So, I'm thinking about setting up another PP account with a different email so that I can send money to that other account and redeem it that way.

The banks sure do have a lot of ways to limit the use of their money. I doubt any of it is by accident.

Gibson Dog

Gold Supporting Member
New Timmy Overdrive pedals are readily available at $129. Used prices on Timmy OD’s range from $119 to over $400.

New Timmy pedals seem like a better deal to me. Do relic’d Timmy pedals have better tone? What is the deal?
price and value are often unrelated.
100%! Anyone can list anything at any price they want but that definitely doesn't mean anyone is paying that price. Are you in the market for one? Like I tell people about stocks & pretty much anything else , it only matters how much something is if you're buying or selling otherwise who cares.

jrockbridge

I'm in the market for a Timmy if I can use multiple Visa gift cards. I had no idea multiple cards was going to be incredibly complicated. Live and learn I suppose.

slide13

Silver Supporting Member
I just bought my third Timmy, all brand new at $129. Best deal going for a pedal in my opinion, love them enough to have three! Most recent one was bought for color reasons....found myself with an all black/grey/white board except for my Timmy. So when I found a black/white model I had to add it to my collection.

Only way I’d pay extra for a used one would be for a breadboard V1 just because I like breadboard pedals for no good reason.

Road King

Yes, absolutely, without a doubt a relic'd one sounds better by far. And I happen to have a medium relic'd purple that sounds fantastic. The knobs just feel worn in and soulful and the paint looks like you've toured a bit. And you know, looks is n 90% of music. I'd be willing to let it go for say $250 so I could buy a new one for $129.

Nebakanezer

I think this might be the year I get one, and I think as close to new as the prices are for used ones, buying new does help out the small business man behind the pedal!

Last edited:

Trending Topics