1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

What is the difference between the xotic pedals?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by mxandmyax, Feb 15, 2009.

1. mxandmyax

mxandmyax Member

Ive been looking at the bb preamp, rc booster, and ac booster. But reading the things people have writin about them, I can't tell what the diff is! Or even what the basic tone is supposed to be.

Just so you know I've never played or heard one. Just heard really great things.

2. storm319

storm319 Member

RC - Clean boost. can add some grit.
    AC - Medium gain drive. Pronounced midrange. Closest of the 3 to a Tube Screamer.
    BB - Higher gain drive. More compression and lowend. British stack sound.

The RC has the most clarity and least color. Each pedal moving down the line adds more gain, compression and color.

3. pmtrub

pmtrub Member

4. mxandmyax

mxandmyax Member

Bump. Thanks guys... As far as the rc... How much light grit? Like ts9 or like lighter? Similar tone? These are my questions!

5. pmtrub

pmtrub Member

much lighter, it barely breaks up with the gain cranked. I don't think it sounds like a tube screamer. The video in the above link should give you a good idea of how much grit it can produce.

6. shngn7

shngn7 Member