• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

What is the fuzziest hairiest wooliest fuzz pedal?

XXTwighlight

Silver Supporting Member
I'm looking for a loose fuzzy hairy fuzz pedal to do the opposite of my tight FDII type overdrive.
What would you recommend?
I've had the Fuzz Factory and didnt really care for it.

Thanx
- Robert

PlexiFuzz

I know karate. Voodoo, too.
Check out the EH Little Big Muff if you want sloppy, loose and hairy. At just over $50, with true bypass and a DC jack, it's hard to beat for those tones.

Dave

Yeah, a Muff will get you there.

If you want a Germanium sound, check out the MI Audio Neo Fuzz.

Atdi2000

Silver Supporting Member
Well that's easy, the wooliest would of coarse be a zvex wooly mammoth. I don't know exactly what your idea of wooly is but a muff, superfuzz, or fuzzright might be some to look into. Maybe give an example of a song with a wooly fuzz in it would help.

fuzzinator

Well that's easy, the wooliest would of coarse be a zvex wooly mammoth. I don't know exactly what your idea of wooly is but a muff, superfuzz, or fuzzright might be some to look into. Maybe give an example of a song with a wooly fuzz in it would help.
Good recommendations.

The Ashbass Fuzzbrite (great for that 60s garage rock fuzz)
Little Big Muff (modern, creamy fuzz with tons of sustain)

I tend to pull out my Prescription Electronics Experience when I want fuzz and hair. Boost it with a Timmy, and things get really crazy.

Atdi2000

Silver Supporting Member
I just got a D*A*M Fuzzrong recently and love the sound of it. I can't believe how loud the fuzzright is if you dime the volume, my ears are pretty much always ringing. If you want a good example of the sound check out the stooges I want to be your dog. Little big muff is also really amazing for the money, lots of gain and a crazy amout of bass, I would call it Wooly.

cugel

Silver Supporting Member
the byoc MKII i built has enormous wooly fuzz. i use it with a tele and the vol on the guitar at about 2-3.
pretty cheap too

jhx

D*A*M* Meathead is ballistic.But in a musical way.I have two of them.Number,s 26,27.Just in case something happens to one of them, I like them that much.One my favorite FUZZ,s.

george4908

Silver Supporting Member
>>Check out the EH Little Big Muff

Good call. I had an early '70s Big Muff, and after it finally crapped out, I went through a lot of pedals over the years, boutique and otherwise, trying to find the same sound. Then along comes the Little Big Muff -- cheap, smaller footprint, and it nails it. What's not to like?

But I have to admit, I'd love hear the new Barber Trifecta. Haven't heard a bad Barber pedal yet, and this one has three different fuzzes in one box.

Bodhisattva

You might try a Fulltone '70 Pedal. With the fuzz all the way up it sounds a lot like the Big Muff plus it cleans up a lot more than the muff when you back off on the volume, so you can go from a mellow arpeggio type thing to full on Seattle grunge with all from your guitar's volume pedal.

gregory49

I'd say check out the Skreddy ?Lady .. I'm buying one very soon, Can't wait.

Also another vote for the A-Mans Pepperment Fuzz. I think I'm going to try to scrape up enough coin to order one when i order the sunlion.

Atdi2000

Silver Supporting Member
I'd say check out the Skreddy ?Lady .. I'm buying one very soon, Can't wait.

Also another vote for the A-Mans Pepperment Fuzz. I think I'm going to try to scrape up enough coin to order one when i order the sunlion.
Better buy your ?lady soon as used prices keep going up since it got discontinued.

blackjack davey

AM Peppermint Fuzz
ZVex Wooly Mammoth
MJM China Fuzz
Euthymia ICBM Fuzz
EHX Big Muff
EarthQuaker Devices Hoof
Sustain Punch Creamy Dreamer

Trending Topics