What is the most obscure brand guitar that you own?

jwguitar

What is the most obscure branded guitar that you own? For me that would be an FGN (Fujigen) Neo Classic in Lemon Drop (shown in video below). FGN is basically Fujigen’s house brand much like Cort is the house brand of the Cort factory. Post pictures or videos of your oddball and obscure guitars!

DiAmoroso

Not super obscure, but I have a Univox Badazz. It's a pretty cool guitar, but very far from it's original form. I purchased it as a teenager for $75 as a body and neck only, and after sitting in my dad's garage for years he eventually started putting it together. He's not a guitar player, but we've built a few partscasters together since then.

jwguitar

Not super obscure, but I have a Univox Badazz. It's a pretty cool guitar, but very far from it's original form. I purchased it as a teenager for $75 as a body and neck only, and after sitting in my dad's garage for years he eventually started putting it together. He's not a guitar player, but we've built a few partscasters together since then.

For a second I thought that was a Hagstrom. But then I looked at the logo!!

Jayyj

Silver Supporting Member
I'm going to go with my Migma. Before WWII Migma was a collective of instrument makers from the Vogtland region of Germany who worked together to facilitate exporting instruments elsewhere in Europe. After the war the two districts found themselves on the wrong side of the Iron Curtain and, instead of exporting themselves, the workshops had to supply the GDR State Government with instruments to export. Migma guitars from the 50s and 60s need approaching with a bit of caution as they're a bit issue prone but a good one is a very fun guitar.

ErichA

Silver Supporting Member
I have only one obscure brand of guitar: A Windsor archtop. Perhaps it’s a Valco brand, not sure. It was bought new by my father, in 1960 I believe.

Other guitars: ‘97 Gibson JPLP sig,
’98 Danelectro U2,
‘59 lap steel National,
Cort ‘lawsuit’ copy of Gibby EDS 1275,
‘new’ Recording King (brass body reso).