What is the most you will spend on a pedal?

William Cairns

$150ish new.
I spent around that for a vintage Mutron Phasor Ii. I have a Keeley Eccos but it was a 50th birthday present from my wife. Otherwise my expensive pedals are ones I’ve traded for. I did a LOT of trading in 2020,

Spupilup

This year’s highs top last year and we’re only in early June!

Origin Effects Cali76-TX-L $750
Origin Effects RevivalDrive Custom w/ Footswitch $750
UA Starlight $400
UA Golden $400
UA Astra $400

So at the moment the most I’ll spend on a pedal is $750 but that could change given my track record.

fenderjapan

World Heavyweight Champion
Gold Supporting Member
Historically my max has been about $800.
Not including supercomputer foot-controllers (Gigrig, for example)

Alabamarama

300 for my SA Nemesis. That's my max for anything. If I can't cop a good sound out of pedals less than that, I'd just stop using pedals, haha.

A Quiet Theory Prelude is my only exception.

aussie_owner

Gold Supporting Member
I spent around $400 for a used SY-300. Anything over $200 has to be something really unique or interesting.

Jason UP

Silver Supporting Member
$299 for a Lehle, but that is anomalous compared to the rest of my stuff....$80 - $220 or so

Z3P0

Silver Supporting Member
$699 for Eventide H9 Max for strictly pedals. Otherwise, for a single effect, about $900ish for a Fulltone TTE when they first dropped.

Last edited:
I spent $200 plus shipping for my UT&T More, but I don’t think I’d pay that much for a…whatever it is…pedal, in the future.

There are some pretty cool delays and modulations, by smaller manufacturers that have my attention though. The SolidGoldFX NU-33 has got me imagining chord progressions with that effect. It’s $250.

Oh, and I’m pretty sure I paid more than $200 for my SDD3000, and that’s been worth every penny.

So based on my ramblings, I think about $250 is the limit.

Better question: what’s your “no-brainer” price? For me: used SD1 for $35 from GC. SOLD!

metrokosmiko

Silver Supporting Member
Somewhere between 250-300 is the most I will go for really special stuff, like my DD-500 (257$ back then).

I made an exception when I shelled out 315$ for my SA Collider. I don't love it as much as the DD-500. Its funcionality is more suited to my needs but the tones are just okay. Trying to come to terms with it.

Anything over 150$ for dirt pedals is pushing it, anything over 200 is insanity.

Last edited:

ezra1

Silver Supporting Member
I prefer to buy used and get more bang for my buck . So under $ 150.
I will go up to $ 300 for something special.

Trending Topics