What is the one OD pedal you need with a Germino Club 40?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by cg, Feb 20, 2009.

1. cg

cg Member

I love my Germino to death and I've found myself not using most OD pedals any longer. There are those times when an extra little push is needed. I want something that does nto change the character of the amp. I am currently using a FatBoost 2 and a BB Preamp and they work well. I can't help but think there might be something a little better.

Perhaps an OCD? A Blackstone?

2. cg

cg Member

3. frisco

frisco Supporting Member

I really love the Kar Krash into my Club 40. Two useful gain stages of OD, not distortion trying to act as OD. Out of all the pedals I've tried, this one will not change the original sound, when dialed in correctly. The cut control is genius; highs are where I usually have a problem. I can get the exact same sound with more volume and gain. It really sings. Well worth the cash.
    I play a Hamer Monacco Super Pro w/TV Jones Classic and Powertron.

4. 59burstbucker

59burstbucker Supporting Member

I goose mine with an RC Booster when lower volume is needed (leave it on all the time), and an OCD to take it up a notch. But if you're in a situation where you can crank the amp, no pedals needed.

5. cg

cg Member

6. gtrplyr1

gtrplyr1 Member

Lately I like my Eden Analog Nashville. I used to occasionally use a Fatboost with my Germino Masonette.

7. plexistack

plexistack Member

I like the Crowther Hotcake for a slight transparent bump. It's not a particularly bright pedal, so if your amp is bright it will probably work for you.

8. dewman

dewman Gold Supporting Member

I use an eternity or fulldrive. The tim is nice too but the eternity and fulldrive give me more of that mids rich overdrive I want out of that amp. I also highly recommend a sunface as well as a Swart Atomic boost (rangemaster clone). Those arent really overdrives and color the sound a lot but in a good way. If I have to work with one box it would be either the eternity or much more flexible fulldrive (comp sut mode works great). If you are doing blues the Swart rules with that amp. I turn it on and leave it on and it always cuts through. A Swart and fuzzface (FF into rangemaster) will give you a lot of tonal options sice you can use them seperate or together for different effects and they both sound great.

9. dewman

dewman Gold Supporting Member

ok I just changed my mind. Just found a discontinued Top Hat Xpressor. Set the Germino to breakup, then et one switch for cleaner attenuated signal and the right side for a kller meaty clean boost. Whew this is a fantastic pedal for a non master volume amp.