• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

What is the point...

Feeler and testing the water threads?

• I get it

• I don't get it

• Are almost breaking the rules

Results are only viewable after voting.

IIIBOOMERIII

Silver Supporting Member
...of a feeler or testing the water thread? Is it an attempt to
list something and not have to list a price or stuff you want
to trade for? Does that make it a psuedo auction?

I just do not get it, it is either for sale or trade, period.
What is the point?

GAD

Wubbalubbadubdub
Gold Supporting Member
It means I think I want to sell, but I doubt anyone will pay what I'm asking. Or maybe I'll see if someone wants this so bad they'll trade me something I like even better.

The world is not black and white.

GAD

Mike K

Silver Supporting Member
It means that the person selling is having 2nd thoughts about letting it go. But if you are willing to pay more than it is worth they may do you a big favor and sell it to you.

jazzandmetal?

Silver Supporting Member
I think it could also be a way of seeing if someone will send them a PM with a cash offer. That way they can haggle a cash price via PM without putting an actual value on the gear in their ad since it is a TGP rule that you have to in a for sale ad.

Jahn

Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver
Silver Supporting Member
sometimes the potential seller really has no idea what something is worth, and no way of finding out, and so asks. in fact, i have two pickups i need help IDing i might post up later tonight that fit into that category.

that said, there are also plenty of posters skirting around emporium rules by putting up psuedo sale threads in the other subforums. yeah, that ain't cool. just report them if it sounds fishy.

Trending Topics