What is the policy now on outing a Builder Rip Off Artist?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Ampegasaur, Feb 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ampegasaur

Ampegasaur Silver Supporting Member

I really want to post about an experience, and pure rip off artist that used to be a close friend, but want to make sure I am not violating any policies. :mob:mob:mob:munch:mmm

2. Ampegasaur

No, this involves a few thousand dollars and what appears to be an outright theft. It only involves me and this person, not a he said she said.

3. Kardula

Kardula Member

pretty sure it's TGP policy not to discuss deals gone bad

4. Ampegasaur

Someone please link me, I remember it changing during the stompbox "guts shot made in China" fiasco. This is not a deal on TGP gone bad, this involves an actual builder. Always had great dealings on TGP, not related in any way. I honestly am not sure what the policy is now. Not seeing a sticky.

5. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

You can discuss the deal but without any sort of personal slams, such as "thief" and other such name calling. You cannot get personal or call their character into it. You have to stick to the facts. The only issue is that these things never turn out well; never accomplish their goal and once the other party starts getting involved, it almost always does indeed turn into a 'he said/she said' because EVERY story has at least 3 sides.

6. Ampegasaur

Thanks, I will post what happened, withoutb the name of the company, and happy to give PM's to people requesting said builder, and will refrain from calling him names. I will also delete this thread, so no correlation will be drawn. Is this acceptable?

7. cribcage

cribcage Member

You might be confused. "He said, she said" is a phrase used exclusively to describe situations that involve only two people. The point of the phrase is that because there is no third-party witness (or concrete proof), the only evidence available for other people to rely on is what "he said" versus what "she said."

8. Gretsch&Vox

Gretsch&Vox Member

Ampegasaur:

I hope that you get this resolved.

There are bad eggs out there. (Fill In the Blank)Talks was once a great forum until one webmaster made off with thousands of other peoples money---there was no he said, she said nonsense---people got ripped off.

Hang in there.

Best Wishes.
    Jay

9. Ampegasaur

Forget it, I often forget what I am dealing with here. Not sure where else to go when dealing with this sort of situation, this was someone once a close friend, and has literally stolen my money. I have no recourse, and he still has my equipment, and money. He is also well known, which makes it even more difficult. This was my last effort. I have never, ever ripped anyone off, and made good on a deal, even when it cost me. I also have never gone on a forum and "outed" someone I have dealt with. Just a mess really.

10. Jim S

Jim S Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

Who is the builder?

11. Ampegasaur

I will be putting you on ignore, not sure why you are being so aggressive with me, but this is hard enough without your condescending remarks.

12. Gretsch&Vox

Gretsch&Vox Member

Please let me know, via PM, who the builder is. I respect what you are saying, without even knowing you.

Thanks.

13. ggwwbb

ggwwbb Member

Me too please.

14. Ampegasaur

PMs sent. For the record it is NO ONE who posts or sells gear here, just a well known individual in the boutique industry making various Amps and pedals.

15. brian.robert

brian.robert Supporting Member

I'd be interested as well, just so I don't get caught in the same situation. I hope everything works out for you

16. Gretsch&Vox

Gretsch&Vox Member

Contact landru64. He had a problem back in July 2011 with the same builder.

17. supersonic1414

supersonic1414 Silver Supporting Member

Pm me the info. I had a deal go way wrong on here and my thread actually ended with the other party publicly apologizing and fully admitting wrong doing ( I did not give the members name, but he jumped and took his licks like a man)....not sure why Blue Strat is busting balls.... As long as you just state what happened ( your side ), everyone here is free to make their own opinions from there..

18. yucatown

yucatown Theory-free noodling enthusiast Gold Supporting Member

Ampegasaur, PM me as well, please.

Thanks.

19. Gretsch&Vox

Gretsch&Vox Member

You are being kind. More like salt on the wounds.

20. supersonic1414

supersonic1414 Silver Supporting Member

Oh, good ole Sammy? There is another big thread on him screwing this guy. He admitted his wrongdoing, promised the amp would ship in 2 weeks,and months have gone by without him honoring his word. Too bad, as I dig his amps, but would never own one now, no matter what the price...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.