What is the weight of Line6 Variax Shuriken SR250?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Lele, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Lele

Lele Member

I'm lured by the Shuriken SR250, but I can stand only rather light guitars. The few data I've found about the weight of the other Variax models are very bad for me. Is maybe the SR250 a little better?
    It's not very easy to find one to try here in Italy, and before looking for it, I'd like to understand if it is "acceptable for me". My main current custom guitar is just a little less than 7 lbs., my "main alternative" guitar from Godin is a little more than 8 lbs and I don't like to play it at all for that reason.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  2. MWiggins

MWiggins Supporting Member

I have a sr250, it isn't heavy but I don't know the exact weight. I guess I could get on the scale with it then my myself and figure out the difference, but that may make me kill myself.
    The body is alder and has several cutouts so the weight is relieved. I looked at my receipt from Sweetwater but the actual weight was not there. You could call the place you are planning to by it from and ask them to weigh it.

3. Lele

Lele Member

That's why I weighed my guitars on the kitchen scale...:D

MWiggins likes this.
  4. Lele

Lele Member

Thank you a lot for the manual link; I didn't think about it.
    But I see that it is the manual of the 27" neck guitar... maybe the 25.5" is even a little lighter. It could be interesting. Then, if it were available even with a 25" neck and maybe headless (and even a Sustainiac system... if I daydream I want it all!).

5. John Mark Painter

John Mark Painter Silver Supporting Member

6. Lele

Lele Member

Oh my God! I couldn't play a guitar like that. I would convert to playing the flute :D

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    cabojoe likes this.
  7. vtgearhead

vtgearhead Silver Supporting Member

Indeed. My '68 Std. weighs in at 13.2 lbs. The original heavy, blunt object.