What is this fake LP

hank57

Platinum Supporting Member
Why? You may or may not like it but why would you support a bootleg guitar business?

You can buy honest and authentic guitars and be happy too.

Think of it this way: you watch a guy steal something from someone and then they offer to sell it to you and it's a great bargain. Are you a jerk for buying it? Yes, because now the dude will steal again because help to create a market for stolen items.

FiestaRed869

This isn't stolen, or being passed off as a real Gibson so your points don't really make sense. Name on the headstock doesn't matter to me, which is why I was looking at used epi LPs, to be honest the burst just looks nice to me. Epi cherry burst is gross, and honey burst is to brown. This looks like a nice faded, less clown burst

Papanate

It is a Chinese Ripoff. And $375 is about $200 too much for it.
It is a good deed that the guy is being upfront about it being a fake.

But buying it makes you a partner to this guy and the Chinese groups
who have a blatant disregard for US Copyrights, Service
Marks, Patents and Brands.

Get your Epiphone.

Buy an Epiphone.

These counterfeit Gibsons have become a real problem. Don't do anything to even remotely support their production. Think about it...there are factories where their goal is to make guitars that they can pass off as Gibsons. They're putting another company's name on the headstock. There's nothing even close to legal or ethical about that. Don't support it.

GearPig

Silver Supporting Member
This isn't stolen, or being passed off as a real Gibson so your points don't really make sense.
If it says Gibson on the headstock, he has a valid point. Selling it is illegal and anyone buying one is creating the market. Buy an Epi.

Peteyvee

Premium Platinum Member
The guy is selling a counterfeit guitar and has the nerve to say "scammers not needed"? He ought to be turned in and his ad removed. Gibson would be very interested in knowing exactly where he got that guitar from.

Papanate

The guy is selling a counterfeit guitar and has the
nerve to say "scammers not needed"? He ought to be turned in and his ad
removed. Gibson would be very interested in knowing exactly where he got that
guitar from.
They already know. It comes from a Chinese Group who build
A whole slew of American Brand Name guitars. I've seen the website
and it is both amazing and depressing.

Peteyvee

Premium Platinum Member
What makes you so sure it's that place? Maybe he bought it from some asshole in the states like that clown in Long Island who got busted and had his shop shut down...

Papanate

What makes you so sure it's that place? Maybe he
bought it from some asshole in the states like that clown in Long Island who got
busted and had his shop shut down...
I was saying Gibson already knows where the guitar fakes are
Coming from.

kiwicanuck

I would rather throw my money down the toilet.
+1 Counterfeits are lame.

Just a point - how does Billy Gibbons get away with having his luthiers build him counterfeit Gibson and Gretsch guitars? I realise they're not being sold on the open market, so is that the key point? Feels like false advertising to me.

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
I like how the ad says "no scammers"
It's like humor, except it's not funny,

Tweedman

Saw this on CL, was in the market for an EPI LP, may go check this out ...

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/msg/4698345992.html
If you buy it, please don't start a thread titled......NGD Fake Les Paul. :jo

Seriously, it's your money and none of us can tell you how to spend it. With that being said don't buy it. Save up for a real Gibson Les Paul. Even if it means working overtime, taking a part time job or selling off other stuff. You will be glad you did.

FiestaRed869

+1 Counterfeits are lame.

Just a point - how does Billy Gibbons get away with having his luthiers build him counterfeit Gibson and Gretsch guitars? I realise they're not being sold on the open market, so is that the key point? Feels like false advertising to me.
Think about it from gibsons POV. One of the most iconic Gibson players, would you rather him jump ship and use boutique guitars, or make his own and slap Gibson on it. Public still thinks it's an LP, which helps Gibson. Atleast that's how I see it

Deed_Poll

Yeah the very existence of fakes like that is bad, no matter how honest this guy is being about it. Someone could come along and buy it, then try and flip it as if it's the real deal. I hate this stuff.

Get an Epi or used PRS SE and own a genuine guitar that's made in its country of origin with pride. These guys give all Chinese built guitars a bad name.

Trending Topics