• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

What is this mark on my Gibson headstock?

cra1987

I was restringing my 2020 SG standard 61 tonight, in my bright kitchen which I haven’t done before. The way the light hit, I noticed this above the “G” in Gibson…any explanation? Never noticed until the light hit it just right…

I was restringing my 2020 SG standard 61 tonight, in my bright kitchen which I haven’t done before. The way the light hit, I noticed this above the “G” in Gibson…any explanation? Never noticed until the light hit it just right…

Looks like a neat little diacritical mark above the G, one of many "high quality" bonus features Gibson owners are entitled to :p . Is it under the finish? Looks to be but can't tell for sure.

cra1987

Looks like a neat little diacritical mark above the G, one of many "high quality" bonus features Gibson owners are entitled to :p . Is it under the finish? Looks to be but can't tell for sure.
Definitely seems to be under the finish. Have to look from the right angle to tell. Very odd…

Motorhed

That's bizarre. I've seen some adhesion issues with the clear coat on Gibson headstocks but not in such a squared off shape. I've seen some round bubbles but nothing like that. Maybe a piece of tape or something similar under the clear? Even that I would think would make it far more visible though. In short, I don't know lol.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom