What is up at Acme Guitar Works?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by skintknuckle, Jun 2, 2008.

1. skintknuckle

skintknuckle Supporting Member

I bought some pickups from them on 5/12 via the web. They took payment on my credit card on 5/13. I sent two emails. I have called and left two messages. Oddly, no answer during business hours today. Leadtimes are supposed to be 5 days. Anyone know what is up?

2. Goldstrat

Goldstrat Member

They are like that. It took me a long time last time I got a pickguard with blender electronics. I emailed for like a week before they even replied. I will never buy from them again. Nothing makes me more pissed than someone who takes money then doesn't answer you.

3. Figher53

Figher53 Member

Wow... something must be happening or must have happened there. They were AWESOME when I ordered from them a year or two ago.

4. jazzandmetal?

jazzandmetal? Supporting Member

There were a few threads over the last couple months about them. They had some issues when they relocated to FL. I guess they are still not worked out. I ordered some parts a few months back and it took a LONG time to get to me. Same thing as everyone else though, message box no phone full and auto reply to emails.

5. FUSER

FUSER Member

I recently ordered a wired strat set. No problem, was shipped before the 5 day leadtime.

Before that I had asked them about combined shipping and they replied the next day.

6. Blue4Now

Blue4Now Gold Supporting Member

I recently ordered a few small parts and got them a day or two later. Super fast.

7. Trebor Renkluaf

Trebor Renkluaf I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse? Gold Supporting Member

Hmmm... They relocated to Florida back at the begining of the year and had some serious problems getting things up an running. I thought they were past that but maybe not... Or perhaps George is too busy writing his monthly article for Premier Guitar.

8. diego

diego Member

I purchased some small parts two weeks back and received them really quickly.

9. esoteric pete

esoteric pete Member

ACME has always been good/fast

keep on em...im sure something is going on to where they might be having some trouble shipping, ect.

george and co. have always been top notch for me.

10. johnny q

johnny q Member

I was going to order a set of Lindy Fralin Strat pickups from them this week, but they never responded to my email inquiries. I then saw some angry posts on thier own forum about orders not filled, phone calls/emails not returned and some even said they were filing disputes with thier credit cards and/or Paypal. Shame, my first experience was a good one, but I will take my business elswhere thank you..

11. johnboggs

johnboggs Member

I ordered a tele wiring kit and knobs from them four weeks ago and they were shipped quickly. Then UPS sent my package to New Jersey - I'm in Virginia - just before the weekend so delivery was delayed FIVE days. Not Acme's fault so NO complaints with them

BTW, UPS's tracking website my package had "experienced and exception". A f---up is more accurate.

12. skintknuckle

skintknuckle Supporting Member

Pickups arrived on 6/12 (as I was leaving for vacation.) Now installed...sound great..went together easy...great product...less than average customer service.

13. elicious

elicious Member

i tried to arrange the return of a pickguard, never heard back from them...no more sales from me

14. zenfreud

zenfreud Member

I called and asked about stock and the guy said that if I ordered within twenty minutes, it'd go out that same day. I got the goods in three days. Everything was nicely labeled, too. I'm impressed.

15. wahfreak

wahfreak Silver Supporting Member

I'm getting the same crap. I ordered a set of Suhr FL's with the BPSSC from their site on 6/17. They took my money and then emailed me two days later saying they weren't in stock. I didn't agrue much except to say that it was inconvenient and that they should at least advertise that they are not in stock. He refuned $25.00 (which was pretty cool) and said they would ship on the 6-27. I sent an email asking about my order on the 30th and still no reply. :FM

16. EelEye

EelEye Gold Supporting Member

I've called them probably 20 times over the last 4-5 months (including as recently as yesterday). Nobody answers the phone. This is very different than the company before the move.

I can tell you that a company that is having service problems isn't going to get my business unless I can (at a minimum) talk to a live body. Nobody answers the phone there...

Truly sad--they were a great company and got lots of my $$$ before the move. Now I have to go elsewhere...

17. rushcentrale

rushcentrale Member

I called ACME this morning to see if they had a set of Lollar Vintage Ts in stock. I was told they did, I made a Paypal payment and I just got a Quantum View email stating my shipment is going out today. That's pretty much the fastest gear service I've ever experienced. I'm a happy camper here. :dude

18. ccteleman

ccteleman Member

+1, would not care if it were not for the quality of work bought from them in the past