• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

What Is Up With Rocktron PatchMate Loop 8 Midi?

Able Grip

It says it has midi, but from reading I don't think it will change the patches on my Timeline delay.

Others have talked about adding a Midi Mouse or something.

I know little about midi... Is it possible to get it to control my Timeline? If not why do the say it has midi?

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
It doesn't send any midi info unfortunately. So no, you can't control your TL with it.
It would have been a much better product if it could send even simple Pc messages, but no, Rocktron really messed up here IMO.

Able Grip

So what is the midi out it has for?

"The MIDI In/Out/Thru jack makes the Rocktron PatchMate an ideal addition to any floor setup"

"MIDI In/Thru - 7 pin DIN, (standard 5 pin cable plugs in without phantom power feature) Thru/Out 5 pin DIN"

"For further expansion Rocktron recommends combining the PatchMate Loop 8 Floor with any Rocktron MIDI controller, including the MIDI Xchange, MIDI Mate, All Access and All Access LTD."

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
So what is the midi out it has for?

"The MIDI In/Out/Thru jack makes the Rocktron PatchMate an ideal addition to any floor setup"

"MIDI In/Thru - 7 pin DIN, (standard 5 pin cable plugs in without phantom power feature) Thru/Out 5 pin DIN"

"For further expansion Rocktron recommends combining the PatchMate Loop 8 Floor with any Rocktron MIDI controller, including the MIDI Xchange, MIDI Mate, All Access and All Access LTD."
Just for passing along any midi that comes in really.

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
Could you explain this and/or give me an example please?
The Patchmate can receive midi from a midi controller, but not send own midi info.

Say you have a midi controller, patchmate and your Timeline. Patchmate receive patch change commands on midi channel 1 and the TL is set up to receive on channel 2.
So when you send midi signals through the patchmate it will respond to commands sent on ch. 1 and ch. 2 commands will pass straight through and change patches on your TL. :)

Blix

Wannabe Shredder
Silver Supporting Member
^Thanks

So it can be controlled but not control...
Yeah. Pretty stupid. But it is a fairly old product I guess. Both Rocktron and Voodoo Labs have fallen behind on products like this, weird.

Trending Topics