What is wrong with this King of Tone vs TS9 video?

taez555

I made this video a few years ago. It's the Analogman King of Tone vs Analogman TS9 Tube Screamer.

I made it so people interested in the KOT could get an idea of what the KOT sounds like compared to the TS9. I mean, it's a pretty standard comparison. Everyone knows the TS9, so it's a good idea to hear what it sounds like against the KOT.

However, since posting it on Youtube, it's been downvoted (% wise), more than almost all my other videos.

I mean, I understand my other videos that are crap that get downvoted, I get it. But, this? It confounds me more than any of my other videos. It's recorded with a mic, no talking, only text, HD pics, clean tone before the start, etc..

What is it that people don't find helpful about this video? (Be honest, I can take it)

Or are people on Youtube just assholes?

Last edited:

Madison

The video clarity looks good but the sound is buzzy. Also it helps greatly when the chops are at the Pete Thorn level. I watch demo's everyday, that's my .02. Hope this honest critique helps! BTW i never give a thumb down rating on utube.

bobbyatomic

Maybe it's being downvoted by disgruntled King of Tone owners who feel you're trying to make the TS9 sound better than their KoT.
Because to me that TS9 sounds all kinds of awesome, the KoT not so much.

taez555

The video clarity looks good but the sound is buzzy. Also it helps greatly when the chops are at the Pete Thorn level. I watch demo's everyday, that's my .02. Hope this honest critique helps! BTW i never give a thumb down rating on utube.
Fair enough, and I agree. :) We're not all Pete Thorn and can afford his arsenal of amps or Protools setup with $3000 preamps. I'm still farrrr from the crappy ones though. :)

That's the thing, I can understand no up or neutral rating. It's the downvotes that boggle my mind. I have WAY *******r videos than this (early ones with a with a cellphone mic), that get less downvotes.

That's why I'm perplexed. :)

taez555

Maybe it's being downvoted by disgruntled King of Tone owners who feel you're trying to make the TS9 sound better than their KoT.
Because to me that TS9 sounds all kinds of awesome, the KoT not so much.
I've thought that too.

I love both pedals, don't get me wrong. There's a reason I haven't sold either of them. But.... they're not as different as people hoped.

analogmike

I see one problem, maybe you can edit to 8 months?

"Especially those people looking to get an Analogman Prince or KIng of Tone or those who are thinking about getting on the two year wait list for the King of Tone. "

scolfax

Silver Supporting Member
15k views, 7 down-votes. To be honest I can't believe you only found 7 haters. You win!

AndrewSimon

The thumbs down comes from kids who own a TS9
and feel they need to "defend" their prized possession.
It has nothing to do with you.

:rimshot

taez555

I see one problem, maybe you can edit to 8 months?

"Especially those people looking to get an Analogman Prince or KIng of Tone or those who are thinking about getting on the two year wait list for the King of Tone. "
:aok

Wow, it's down to 8 months now? I'm pretty sure I waited about 18 for mine in 2010. I'll have to edit the description and/or put in an annotation for you Mike. :)

Last edited:

King Rat

15k views, 7 down-votes. To be honest I can't believe you only found 7 haters. You win!
this exactly...

for all the random people out there in the world/bots you have to really sit back and accept any statistics both ways as not being too important....

:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana

p.s. you have 8 downvotes now.

taez555

It's the ratio that bothers me. I have videos with 100,000 views that don't get that. But even the 10K-20K view videos, they have a 50-1, or 15-3, like-dislike,, but this one for some reason has 15-7. And every new comment is a dislike. Drives me crazy.

I want to make better videos for the people, but... what the hell man. Why so much hate. :)

taez555

Oh yeah... Thank you to the person who upvoted the video since I posted this a few hours ago.

And **** you to the other person who downvoted it. :)

King Rat

It's the ratio that bothers me. I have videos with 100,000 views that don't get that. But even the 10K-20K view videos, they have a 50-1, or 15-3, like-dislike,, but this one for some reason has 15-7. And every new comment is a dislike. Drives me crazy.

I want to make better videos for the people, but... what the hell man. Why so much hate. :)
7 people out of 15 voted thumbsdown on a youtube video you posted.. out of the 15K+ who watched and didn't vote and you are calling it "so much hate"...

Oh yeah... Thank you to the person who upvoted the video since I posted this a few hours ago.

And **** you to the other person who downvoted it. :)
you post a thread seeking positive criticism and this is how you react to someone who thumbsdown'd it?

:hide

taez555

you post a thread seeking positive criticism and this is how you react to someone who thumbsdown'd it?
:hide
:)

It's all good man. I know the game, just having fun.

:banana

At the end of the day, I realize I don't know ****

This video I made as a joke (and think sucks)has over 45K views with over 1000 likes (mostly from France)

I have no idea what people like.

King Rat

:beer

my two cents
i dig it! The AM TS/Od9 comparison is a good one to make, especially as it's what is recommended by mike as a temporary drive while you wait.

King Rat

It's all good man. I know the game, just having fun.

:banana

At the end of the day, I realize I don't know ****

This video I made as a joke (and think sucks)has over 45K view with over 1000 likes (mostly from France)

I have no idea what people like.
not gonna lie, I love this more than I thought I could ever love.

Trending Topics