What is your 1x12 cabinet of choice? Moderately priced

BFC

Silver Supporting Member
According to the Custom Audio Electronics website the 1x12 is $325.00 loaded with a Vintage 30. This is their direct price (assuming they still sell them direct).

TheGrooveking

Avatar, 1-12 $159 unloaded, tough to beat that price and get a quality made, good looking box. On ebay I scored a 1-12" Thiele that is identical to a Mesa 1-12 Thiele, made from 13 ply birch. I picked it up brand new for $109, I through in a EVM12L and shabang!! It was thumping all over my living room!!!! Great bass, great build, the sellers handle is "colorado.music.guy"

TheGrooveking

abergdahl

MArshall 1912 BUT you HAVE to replace the orginal 150w Celestion that comes with the. I have 3 1912 's one with a PRe- Rola g12m30 0014 speaker, one with a g12h-30 creamback and one with a g12-65. And I want another one with a Cele Blue..

Tom Gross

OG Forum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Fuchs big 1 x 12 cab with EVM12L.
Works great for Dumble-style amps.

Chiba

Platinum Supporting Member
+1 on the TruTone 1x12. Convertible back, very cool. Nice & light too.

Two-Rock makes a really nice 1x12, as does Mesa (several of them, actually).

Personally, I'd buy used - you can get a better cab for less money that way!

--chiba

fr8_trane

Silver Supporting Member
Avatar 1x12's have got to be the best deal going. 3/4" birch plywood cab, closed or open back, wheat or silver grille - $263 delivered with your choice of Celestion or eminence speakers (they also offer a cheaper price with generic celestions and Eminence legends). Oh and I just got their speaker price list and its the lowest I've seen for eminence and celestions. Can't beat it with a stick.

G

gizmo

Scored a 1933 (JCM 800) 1x12 (closed back) on ebay for $250. Replaced the G12-75 with a G12M Heritage 20 watter. Very happy.

j37nm

Ear Candy 1 x 12 Sovereign Cab

The best 1 x 12 i have ever heard. It is the biggest 1 x 12 sounding cab I have ever heard. Custom made to your specs. Call time at ear candy.

Leonc

Wild Gear Hearder
Platinum Supporting Member
I've yet to play the Avatar or Fatback but hope to try them some day.

That being said, the old POS Marshall open back 1x12 I used with my Alessandro English sounded pretty God-like with a Blue in it. That cab had more plastic rivets in it than one of Elvis' belts, but I was amazed at how good it sounded. Got it for like 150 bux or so with a G12T75 in it.

smilefan

Trutone 1x12. Genuine sweet pine. Love mine. Super light,
and at low to mid volumes pine seems to add a dimensionality
to the mids that I really dig.

tonedaddy

For value, I like the old wide body Boogie 1x12 with Celestion Black Shadow speakers. Usually found around for $250 or less.

I also like the Matchless ESS 1x12. It's a big 1x12, and more expensive, but delivers a big sound for a 1x12 cab, and sounds great with all my EL34 and EL84 amps.

el34power

Originally posted by tonedaddy
For value, I like the old wide body Boogie 1x12 with Celestion Black Shadow speakers. Usually found around for $250 or less.

+1 on the Mesa. I have a 3/4 open, wide cab. Resonates well.
Wide enough to hold a JCM800 head without looking tooo stupid.

Stock speaker is a Black shadow (celestion cl80) witch is very respectable. 3/4" bich ply, leather corners, very well crafted IMO.

Paid $400.00 Canadian new in a store.

Trending Topics