• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

What is your "desert island" OD/Distortion/Boost pedal?

scmavl

Enjoyer
Gold Supporting Member
If you had to play the rest of your life with just one OD/Dist-type pedal, what would it be? Klon/Zendrive/Tubescreamer/OCD/RC/etc... Please answer from personal experience, not YouTube clips or message board praise.

I used to love my reissue TS808 until I got a ZVEX Box of Rock and realized how mid-dy my TS was. So now I think I'll have to say...

An MXR Boost/Line Driver.

Laugh if you want but with a good tube amp, this uncolored boost heats up my tone just right. I haven't used most of the high-dollar stompboxes many of you swear by, but I know even if I had a $10,000 pedalboard, this would still be on it. Best $99 I've spent in a long time.

Last edited:

bassethound

I'd pull a Flight of the Conchords "Camera Phone" and tape my OCD and Beano together to make a homemade quasi-Sunface and call it good.

Trending Topics