What is your favorite CD to plug in and play guitar with all the way through?

Dr. Tweedbucket

Deluxe model available !!!11
There are a lot of bands I like better, but for some reason, Angus's guitar energy on AC/DC's Back in Black really gets my juices going! :band

(plus it's easy enough I can play all the songs) :YinYang

Chris Scott

Lately it's been "Piece of Your Soul" by Storyville.

Changes depending on what kind of music I feel like at the moment though.

Simto

I think the two cd's i've done that the most to is
- John Mayer "TRY!"
- Maroon 5 "Live Friday The 13th"

But lately, i've been having a lot of fun playing Foo Fighters "Wasting Light" that album is just so cool, and all the songs pretty much all have three guitar parts so it's a lot of fun switching between the different parts.

V-Type

For 2 years now Ive been on a binge of learning the entire Rhoads Diary of A Madman album.
2x a week I play along as well as work out parts of layers I never understood let alone could play before.
Its 2 fold for me as I love the album in its entirety and I am being schooled by Randy(RIP) in advanced theory like no one previously has been able too.
Amazing guitar work and well thought out parts that just blow my mind.

A-Bone

Montonero, MOY, Multitudes
Platinum Supporting Member
For me it is Abbey Road or any number of other Beatles albums.

tapeworm

Otis Rush- Live at the Wise Fools pub...great cd to play blues with, every kind of tempo you can imagine.

Noah

Gold Supporting Member
The 2 I like jamming with best are Corridors of Power by Gary Moore and Mind's Eye by Vinnie Moore.

Full Monty

'Blackout Love' by Hazy Malaze. It's just chocked with great grooves that I can wind all sorts of lead lines or rhythm fills around.

Trending Topics