• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

What is your favorite Fender amp?

GenoBluzGtr

Platinum Supporting Member
It's so hard to decide, Dr Tweedbucket.

I LOVE my Deluxe Reverb (RI)...likely the one that gets the most use and is far more easy to transport than the others (wish I still had my old Princeton Reverb, though!)

I also love my Tweed Bassman (RI) and Blackface Vibroverb Custom. If forced to chose... it would have to be the Deluxe, I think.

stelligan

Tweed Deluxe - Tweed Bassman depending on size of room. Gawd I miss my old Bassman...... All the new ones are too damn bright.

Last edited:

telejammer

My favorite Fender amp has to be a Blackface Super Reverb, even though I have a Deluxe, a VibroKing, and a Bandmaster Reverb, my Super just oozes Fender tone.

GenoBluzGtr

Platinum Supporting Member
Tweed Deluxe - Tweed Bassman depending on size of room. Gawd I miss my old Bassman...... All the new ones are too damn bright.
I agree, Stelligan... my BMRI was far too bright, but the following changes made it FAR FATTER and darker...

- Early "Blue Frame" Eminence speakers (used in the very earliest of the BMRIs)... HUGE improvement in brightness and tone.
- 5U4 Rectifer and 5881 Power Tubes. Breaks up earlier, but retains clarity and a nice silky top end.
- NOS 5751 in V1. Tames the volume and knocks a touch of High end out.
- JJ preamp tubes in the remaining slots.
- Bridge the channels using the Bright #2 into the Normal #1 holes... I plug into the Normal #2 input. This gives me much more control over the tone (bright channel volume vs normal; presence, etc..) and I can drive the volume a bit more by using the low-gain input.

This is how I drive my Bassman and I have played side by side with other BMRIs, BM LTDs, and even vintage Bassmans and, although the Vintage amp's tone is virtually unattainable, this is as close as you'll get with a newer reissue.

Give these tweaks a try and let me know what you think!

stelligan

I agree, Stelligan... my BMRI was far too bright, but the following changes made it FAR FATTER and darker...

- Early "Blue Frame" Eminence speakers (used in the very earliest of the BMRIs)... HUGE improvement in brightness and tone.
- 5U4 Rectifer and 5881 Power Tubes. Breaks up earlier, but retains clarity and a nice silky top end.
- NOS 5751 in V1. Tames the volume and knocks a touch of High end out.
- JJ preamp tubes in the remaining slots.
- Bridge the channels using the Bright #2 into the Normal #1 holes... I plug into the Normal #2 input. This gives me much more control over the tone (bright channel volume vs normal; presence, etc..) and I can drive the volume a bit more by using the low-gain input.

This is how I drive my Bassman and I have played side by side with other BMRIs, BM LTDs, and even vintage Bassmans and, although the Vintage amp's tone is virtually unattainable, this is as close as you'll get with a newer reissue.

Give these tweaks a try and let me know what you think!

Thanks for all the tips. I may just build one from scratch and try these things. Here's the only picture I have left of the old one....

Austinrocks

current hot rod deluxe came with a Vintage 30 which nice, have owned to many fender amps, really about the only one I am not hating after year of owning it. checking out the omega mods, and I have 6v6s in already, just seems to be getting better and better.

III

Roc Pro... paired with British style speakers.

Where's the Black Sheep smiley?

64 deluxe reverb, well maybe my Vibro king..er perhaps my 65 twin Reverb. but then Ive got this 66 deluxe Reverb that was Pete Andersons, with a Twin Reverb ot, runs 6L6's, and has an EV12s.........

Trending Topics