What is your favorite Fender amp?

Sonic Reducer

There is a Nissan Frontier commercial with a really cool song on it that has to be some type of Fender amp. It has that Indie rock n' roll type sound.

It just got me thinking about how I never really owned any Fender type amps.

What is your favorite?

Originally posted by mjpisat
There is a Nissan Frontier commercial with a really cool song on it that has to be some type of Fender amp. It has that Indie rock n' roll type sound.

It just got me thinking about how I never really owned any Fender type amps.

What is your favorite?
Dual Professional. Hands down.

mkg

'66 BFVR w/original Jensen C10Ps...loves all (well, both) my guitars (LP and Strat).
:cool:

Reeek

It has to be my 1969 JBL loaded Twin that was blackfaced by Uncle Spot. It's simply put, a pure amplifier IMHO. Running JAN Philips 7581A's and Mullard/RCA preamp tubes from KCA.

VaughnC

Silver Supporting Member
If your lower back can handle it, a Super Reverb, with the right speakers, is pretty hard to beat....IMHO.

Seegs

Originally posted by VaughnC
If your lower back can handle it, a Super Reverb, with the right speakers, is pretty hard to beat....IMHO.
So what are the right speakers...??

Alnicos or Ceramics...??Original vintage or replacement speaks???

I have heard some Supers sound great with ceramics until they were pushed beyond 6 when they got harsh...but have never played one with stock alnicos...

Chow,
Seegs

G

gizmo

Hands down...my '61 brown Deluxe has the tone of the gods. Thick, creamy, rich tone at sane volume levels.

aeolian

They're all so different, but I found a few stellar examples of the following ...

Blackface Deluxe Reverb

Blackface Vibroluxe Reverb

Brown Concert

Tweed Bassman

Never heard a tweed Deluxe that floored me but I think the sound is in there somewhere. Going to try putting a kit together and playing with it when I get some time.

MojoHand

Gold Supporting Member
Tweed Deluxe
Tweed Bandmaster
Tweed Bassman
Blackface Deluxe Reverb
Blackface Super Reverb

Are all great amps. If a had to pick one: BFDR best suits my needs (recording and jam sessions) today.

Trending Topics