• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

What is your favorite guitar strap of all time ??

RJLII

Mine is a Fretsling that I got with my first guitar, a 72 LP Deluxe. I got the guitar home, popped open the center pocket on the case and there is was. It's a high quality strap and I was impressed the guy included it! Then he calls me up and says, hey! I didn't mean to sell my strap with the guitar. I said ...uhmmm ok, I'll bring it back. :brick

... we talked a little bit and then he goes, well, you know what? You can keep the strap, I hope you enjoy the guitar! :) So that was cool. It is super comfy! It's great with a SG because the strap doesn't slip, so no neck sag.

I lost it in the 80s .... left it behind on a jam with some guys and finally one of them coughed it up after a few days of "haven't seen it" :red

Here is a pic with my 2nd guitar I bought, a 78 LP Custom. I think that strap was made for Les Pauls, that Custom must have been 13 pounds, but the strap spread the weight out well!

EX1l5MV.jpg

What's your favorite all time strap ? Post action pictures if you have them!!

The fretsling is the finest strap ever made. I had one for years. It was stolen along with a number of guitars in 2008. I miss the strap almost more than the guitars, mostly because it can't be replaced. I wish someone would start making them again. I love my Levy's, but the fret sling is the schnizzle.

Last edited:

Hulakatt

Has done terrible things for a klondike bar
Gold Supporting Member
I have a lovely vintage style Rickenbacker strap that's well broken in and very comfortable. I've tried a few other straps in the same design but never found an equal. Other than that, I really like the Reverb/Souldier straps I have.

UncleStric

I still haven't found my favorite. I love leather straps, but I hate if they're stiff or too thick. I also prefer if they don't have the underside in suede. I'm picky, I know, haha. I have a feeling I'd love a Moody or an Action strap, but they're absurdly expensive.

BzmWvfKCcAAk6uM.jpg:large

Seth L

I've got a bunch of PRS black leather straps that I love. Really comfortable and only get better with age. Also have a few buffalo hide straps made by the Lakota tribe and they are great. Buffalo hide is so soft and yet incredibly durable. All were reasonably priced for what they are.

Dr. Tweedbucket

Deluxe model available !!!11
The fretsling is the finest strap ever made. I had one for years. It was stolen along with a number of guitars in 2008. I miss the strap almost more than the guitars, mostly because it can't be replaced. I wish someone would start making them again. I love my Levy's, but the fret sling is the schnizzle.

Every now and then you can find one on ebay, but you just have to keep looking or do a saved search and hope they email you when one is listed.

Arc Angel

I have a few nice boutique high quality straps. However, my favorite remains the Ernie Ball polypro nylon in black. No comfortable and light weight (assuming you're not playing boat anchor guitars).

cplus

I went through a few better straps a couple years back after one of the eyes on a Levy loosened up too much. Tried an El Dorado, a couple of Eyelands, and an Anthology. I liked the Anthology best and sold or gave away the others.

the_rising

Gold Supporting Member
I like the pattern Hendrix wore at Woodstock...which is also the same one Cash wore at Folsom and the same one Elvis wore in the big comeback TV special.

I also like the Souldier owl/Tweedy prints.

kboyd62

I have several Levy's straps that work well and have lasted forever. Great straps.

I also have a pair of straps made by Paul Houston that were designed to compliment a telecaster build I did recently with a friend. Since I alternate between acoustic and electric they both have similar designs, matching the headstock of the tele.

kralltime

Platinum Supporting Member
My custom Brookwood straps are my favorites, but… I have a couple Reunion Blues Merino wool straps that are by far the most comfortable 'off the shelf' straps I have ever seen…
ps. I own about 40 straps.

Pitar

Mine had to be the Brickmaster strap Moses used for his Fender Seaparter. You did ask "of all time", right?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom