• Supporting Membership Changes

The Supporting Memberships are currently being updated moving forward.

In order to coordinate giveaway drawings to the Supporting Members there will be a new alignment in the naming of the tiers. (Note: Non-Supporting (Basic) and Monthly Supporting Members can get into the drawings by mailing a postcard. Details on that will follow with a giveaway starting soon).

The pricing for each Supporting Membership level remains the same though the naming of them will change. The privileges remain the same as current but with the new name. If you are a current Supporting Member, you will be upgraded automatically for the existing term of your Supporting Membership. We are introducing a new tier with new perks.

Table here

Supporting Membership Guide

• Monthly Supporting Members will remain Supporting Members
    • Current annual Supporting Members will now be Silver Supporting Members. Perks and permissions remain the same
    • Current Silver Supporting Members will now be Gold Supporting Members
    • Current Gold Supporting Members will now be Platinum Supporting Members
    • A new level will be created - Double Platinum Supporting Members

All memberships will now have the option to remain as non-recurring memberships or choose reccuring memberships moving forward. *Note: current memberships will NOT be changed to recurring memberships.

What is your favorite Tim Pierce solo?

mrdavek

I have always been a HUGE Tim Pierce fan. I know he plays on a tremendous amount of songs that I dont' know.

That being said...what is your favorite Tim Pierce solo?

Lately I have really been digging the stuff he did on Rick Springfield's song "Souls"

He also shreds on "affair of the heart"

Chime in! What is your favorite?

Frank Prince

Everything on his solo album Guitarland.

I also love the two you named above, plus Rick Springfield's "Living in Oz", and (if it's him), Rick Springfield's Love Somebody. That solo, particularly, is one of my all-time favorites in the Springfield catalog. Very unique approach with the key changes and harmonization, and killer tones on all the rhythm and lead guitars on that tune.

Also, killer solo on Bon Jovi's Runaway.

robelinda2

Lately I have really been digging the stuff he did on Rick Springfield's song "Souls"

He also shreds on "affair of the heart"

Rick Springfield's "Living in Oz", and (if it's him), Rick Springfield's Love Somebody.

Also, killer solo on Bon Jovi's Runaway.
GREAT taste you guys have! All his work on Rick's albums is killer. You have to check out Rick's Live & Kickin dvd, Tim has some great tone on that live dvd. Plus his guitar harmony work with Rick is fabulous live.

FJTurner

IIRC, he played on the 1st Crowded House album. I love the solo on "Don't Dream it's Over". A hopeful solo in a song of hope.

Also really liked his work on John Waite's "Ignition" album.

Burnsonix

GREAT taste you guys have! All his work on Rick's albums is killer. You have to check out Rick's Live & Kickin dvd, Tim has some great tone on that live dvd. Plus his guitar harmony work with Rick is fabulous live.
Sorry, can I just re-confirm that it is Tim playing on this Live & Kickin dvd ???

I already have the Beat of the Live Drum dvd with Tim, but did not want to gamble on the Live & Kickin dvd as it was older and I thought Tim
might not be on it !!!

Thanks in advance

Graeme.

Frank Prince

Sorry, can I just re-confirm that it is Tim playing on this Live & Kickin dvd ???

I already have the Beat of the Live Drum dvd with Tim, but did not want to gamble on the Live & Kickin dvd as it was older and I thought Tim
might not be on it !!!

Thanks in advance

Graeme.
I will have to pick up one or both of these DVDs. I would love to see some Tim live.

Also, somewhat off topic, but are there any Springfield videos from when Dann Huff was in the band? Dann is a monster as well.

robelinda2

might not be on it !!!

Thanks in advance

Graeme.
Yep, he introduces him as Timmy Pierce. Get it, what is it like $8, not much of a loss anyway!

robelinda2

might not be on it !!!

Thanks in advance

Graeme.
I just got The Beat Of The Drum dvd this weekend, GREAT STUFF! So 80's its not funny!

Aj_rocker

runaway solo, taylor mesple, guitarland etc. everything pretty much even his current pop stuff is great.

terrapin

He also did some GREAT work with the late Kevin Gilbert and Toy Matinee. He has SO much taste and finesse!!!