1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

What is your favourite convolution reverb preset for guitar?

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by Affair2k, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Affair2k

Affair2k Member

Hi all, i have been using SIR's reverb for a few days and i am amazed of the quality of this reverb, i used to mix vocals or lead guitars with my lexicon mpx 500 but i have to say that i found reverbs that sound as good or even better than my real thing.

Also Samplitude has a good amount of convolutive reverbs that sounds great, and i can even use my impulse library with it, anyway there seems to be a little bug with the room simulator so with my own library i prefer to use SIR.

To convolution reverb users: Post your settings, wav impulses for guitars, vocals, drums etc...

2. GaryNattrass

GaryNattrass Member

I use a great british spring reverb which is stereo on my guitar tracks.

3. Ed DeGenaro

Ed DeGenaro Supporting Member

4. Bassomatic

Bassomatic Silver Supporting Member

+1.

(but not a long plate, usually.)

Also some of the ambience/ER stuff works well. For the record, i'm not a big 'verb fan for electric guitar, in most cases.

5. straticus

straticus Member

I know plate reverbs are supposed to be a kind of "standard" for vocals and lots of other things but I don't care for them in general.

Samps RS has tons of great verb sounds but I really like just using the impulses in the ambient folder.

BC :)

6. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Administrator Staff Member

I'll use verb on electrics, but it really depends on the song.

I am fond of some of the halls for electrics, but I only mix in a touch - like 3% wet.

I tend to use more delays; again very very lightly.

7. MichaelK

MichaelK Member

I bought a German spring reverb on eBay that sounds fantastic on guitar. I see one for sale on eBay now from the same guys who sold me mine:

Spring reverb on eBay

Suggestion: make sure the wall wart they include is correct for your country. They inadvertently shipped mine with a 220V wall wart, but they sent me the right one as soon as it came in. Good guys to deal with and a GREAT spring verb.

The only minor hassle is that there's no power on/off switch. I keep mine in a 4-space rack with two similarly configured pieces connected to a power distributor, and turn on the whole rack as needed.