• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

What is your main overdrive pedal? (2020 Edition)

Jonathan

Platinum Supporting Member
Analogman KOT
Ethos TWE-1
I can't imagine ever dropping the TWE-1. So many ODs are just copping the same kind of sound, and the TWE really has a unique voice.

I would buy and use this pedal for nothing but the low gain tones - getting the screaming distortion and volume-knob cleanup better than any pedal I've used is awesome, but there is just something special about how this pedal brings on this gorgeous, chimey amp-like breakup at lower gain settings.

Valveampguy

Glad to see the Hudson Broadcast is getting the love it deserves. I can't wait to see what they might bring out next. I hope the do...

Hudson Dual Broadcast for its versatility from subtlety to all out fuzz, as well as Origin Effects Revivaldrive. Closely picked over the RevivalTrem, because it's not just a pure OD.

tostyj

I can't imagine ever dropping the TWE-1. So many ODs are just copping the same kind of sound, and the TWE really has a unique voice.

I would buy and use this pedal for nothing but the low gain tones - getting the screaming distortion and volume-knob cleanup better than any pedal I've used is awesome, but there is just something special about how this pedal brings on this gorgeous, chimey amp-like breakup at lower gain settings.
Agreed, it’s an awesome od and low/medium gain tones are what I use it for. I stack it with a fuzz for lead tones.

For the past few years my dirt has always centered around a J Rockett Archer, with the gain around 9 o’clock. I’ll goose it with a fuzzface or add something after it (usually a Timmy, which also controls the final gain stage EQ), but the Archer never leaves the pedalboard.

unk

Silver Supporting Member
Humbucker guitar>EHX Crayon>origin 50 is just the best. I love it. I had a hot wax pedal but hated the hot tubes side. Sold it to a buddy and got the standalone crayon. I keep it on all the time. Bass knob at noon, treble bumped up just a touch, volume at a tad over unity gain, gain all the way down. Puts just a little awesome on the whole thing. I’d like to find something sweet to use as a solo boost with it. Not sure what I want though. Suggestions would be respected and taken to heart.

Xotic Soul Driven > Kingsley Page ... Into a Bassman Head

sounds awesome. . The soul driven pushing the page makes it sound like a marshall head breathing fire and it’s only on reasonable home volumes... the mids control makes all the difference .
I want another gain pedal but unless it’s some kind of crazy fuzz or other I have everything covered .

Attachments

Trending Topics