• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

What is your main overdrive pedal? (2020 Edition)

Zen_

CMatMods Super Signa: one, awesome, does-it-all overdrive pedal. 3 clipping modes, independently switchable boost.
My always on, desert island pedal.

Jimbo99

VHT Redline V-Four. 1 pedal for OD/Distortion/Metal & Djent Metal. And the crunchy OD & gain my amps came designed into them are pretty solid without a pedal. The VHT preamp pedal gets that little more & different tone & sound the amp doesn't have out of the box. The Muff/Fuzz pedal is a different distortion that the amp can't do unless it's broken.

Robmo

Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive - always on
EH Soul Food - boost for leads
The Sparkle Drive has a clean blend so it’s a great always on pedal. If needed, I clean it up with the guitars volume.
I’m a simpleton.
But I am on the KoT waiting list, 8 months to go!

RLP

The Tumnus is my always on, so that's nr one for sure. The second would be the Lightspeed, but I might say Black Box if you ask me again tomorrow...

Cheers

piazzi

Currently Spark Booster by TC Electronics with my Laney amp

Mi Audio Cross over drive with my peavey classic 30

The onboard blues driver with Boss Katana

sanhozay

klon free since 2009
Gold Supporting Member
KOT, works great with any guitar & any amp

i got a decibelics in feb. that is a really great sounding pedal. the best & most accurate klon copy i've played. it's a thicker and a much more mid focused pedal than the KOT.

it's a nice flavor to have but i still prefer the double pedal KOT, regular gain. i think i'm at over 8 years with the same overdrive. everything else has been a fling, and there are some great ones out there.

but my favorite & main is the KOT.

jjerg

Mzo Ohm as a low gain option and the Origin Effects RevivalDRIVE for a full range drive.

Robmo

Kingsley Jester has been my main OD, often only one, for 7-8 years now. I put the sizzle control on it like he sells now, made it even better.

I have a couple other Kingsley pedals (harlov v3 and page) but for what I'm playing now, I am using the Jester and an Effectrode Tube Drive. I change the tube in that to a 12au or ay (I can't remember which right now, I was going back and forth) to bring down the gain, and use it from my low OD sound. The two of them pretty much cover everything I could need.

Issue is, I can't seem to find something that will power them both, lol. 12v AC and 9V 1 amp DC. Anyone know a power unit that does both, let me know.
MXR ISO Brick

Trending Topics