What is your main overdrive pedal? (2020 Edition)

jamester

Gold Supporting Member
So far still the Gain Changer, but looking for something a little less compressed and more "grainy" right now.

My Blue Note has the tone, but wish it had a bit more gain (Tour series, no hot switch)...

billbfoot

Gold Supporting Member
So far still the Gain Changer, but looking for something a little less compressed and more "grainy" right now.

My Blue Note has the tone, but wish it had a bit more gain (Tour series, no hot switch)...
I get it, as I have the same experience with the Blue Note Tour Series. Still, it serves a purpose for me when I’m not looking for more gain than it offers (as I imagine is also the case for you). But consider stacking it into the Greer Lightspeed, and you might solve that dilemma!

dmhi11

Silver Supporting Member
My main OD is a KOT still. I'm running that in front a Mark V 25 (Lonestar 1x12 cab) on the xtreme setting with the gain at like 9:00. Does a fairly good 4 input Marshall level of breakup like that.

My honorable mention is the Ethos OD with every mod Custom Tones INC does--it's not really an overdrive though, it's a full-on preamp. I've owned the specific serial number I have twice. The first time I paid $650 for it, I sold it for $500, and bought it back for $550--it's pretty wild how good it is.

Still the TWE-1
I've been looking at the TWE-1 and drooling forever. how does it sound in front of a slightly dirty amp? Can you stack it with other pedals afterwards or is it a pedal that begs to be at end-of-drive-chain?

dmhi11

Silver Supporting Member
Still the TWE-1
I've been looking at the TWE-1 and drooling forever. how does it sound in front of a slightly dirty amp? Can you stack it with other pedals afterwards or is it a pedal that begs to be at end-of-drive-chain?

TL;DR

I use it in front of a slightly dirty “amp”. Sounds great. It likes to be first in line. I have personally not had success stacking anything in front of it

Chase Fuller

Silver Supporting Member
Vemuram Tube Screamer for light OD; TS808HW or KTR for more dirt (depending on the sound). The Vemuram is so much fun to play and it’s whisper quiet!

JK1965

Gold Supporting Member
Ceriatone Horse Breaker.

Dead on Klon and Bluesbreaker 1 circuits in one pedal. I knew it would be good but had no idea it would be this good!!
It accentuates an already great amps tones without really changing it.
77EA5EFB-8C71-4AFA-B83A-CCC33BDDEF4D.png

SubApathy

Platinum Supporting Member
I have a few favorite OD's but these are both on the main board:
  • Klon KTR
  • Boss JB-2 (Angry Driver)

FOTM704

Silver Supporting Member
It was the TSV808...fantastic drive. Favorite TS I’ve ever played...and I’ve had them all. It’s currently off the board in favor of a Sarno Earth Drive. The earth drive just sounds incredible and has more crispyness that works well with my current amp. On my old amp, the TSV was better

johnny5

Silver Supporting Member
JHS Morning Glory for years but now the Browne Protein is giving it a run for its money.

Trending Topics