• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

What is your partner's favorite instrument you own?

pbmw

She actually likes the one I'm playing at the moment.
Although she has bought me a number of guitars, she's partial to red ones...

Staggerlee

A Gretsch Tim Armstrong. It's the first guitar I let her play (she cant play btw) so naturally she fell in love with it moreso than my other sometimes more expensive guitars. I think this mayhave to do with the fact that the guitar was tuned to open G and making sometthig musical come out of it was relatively easy.

M

Member 995

My Lowden. However, she doesn't like to be in the same room because it is so loud.

Jonny D

My wife is quite partial to acoustic instruments and always comments when I get out my old trusty Taylor 514c.

She says it sounds "foresty"

When asked about electrics, she said..."Not the Gold one!"

neoprimitive

I only own two guitars. My 2013 Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top Pro Ltd Desert Burst, and my 2013 PRS SE Mahoney. I love them both for different reasons, but my wife is all about the Mahoney, she wanted me to get it. It could be because of the baby powder blue color. If I had to keep only one, it would be the LP, but I know she would disagree with me on that. The Mahoney is the first guitar I've owned the she actually talks about and raves about. She swears it sounds better than my LP, maybe she's right.. who knows? ;-)
I do know that I should probably listen to my wife more often than I do..

LanEvo

The only guitar my wife likes is my custom shop LP Junior. Pretty much just because of the esthetics:

Kurt L

My wife likes my Martin CEO-4 best. I think the finish is pretty ugly but it plays and sounds great. I used to play songs for her on it when we were dating.

Promit

Well her first answer was anatomical ;) setting that aside, she likes a modded Dean vendetta we nicknamed "table" because its natural paulownia finish looks like a dinner table.

frank4001

I was playing some of these one day and when I played the Gold top she yells downstairs and said, "That sounds like Rock and Roll!" So I guess it's that....

Here it is now...

Delayed Delay

Right now, she loves my '12 LP Standard - solid black is just plain sexy:

But soon, I imagine it will be my G&L Legacy in Candy Apple Red whenever it gets here. :)

Dave Wakely

The traditional Portuguese guitarra (12 string fado instrument), for the chime; a shell pink Jazzmaster for its 50s icecream parlour retroness, and a Oly White Strat Plus as apparently I play best on that one. It's a fine guitar, so maybe they're right?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom