• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

What is your preferred compressor WITH HUMBUCKERS?

Wooley

I have a few compressors, but I really don't care for my Juicer with my SG so much. My Carl Martin is great (really), but it has a hard-wired plug, which is fine when I have my powered board, but not fine if I don't feel like bringing it.
I am considering either a 4-knob Keeley (which I tried with a strat and just about pooped my pants) or a Barber Tone Press (which has quite a reputation), but the key is that I have switched to my SG full-time over the last 6 months or so, so I really need a 'bucker friendly Comp.
All opinions are welcome.

Burgs

EBS Multi Comp. Meant for bass but does a sterling job with guitars. It's a bit unsung, I reckon.

nnajar

either the demeter optocompulator or the caj vcomp- I have both and they are my favorite compressors for guitar.

N

dividedsky

Humbuckers are my compressor.
Bingo. For a long time I bought and sold tons of compressors only to discover that I didn't need them with humbuckers. That being said, I would highly advise you get a compressor that has an attack adjustment.

ed84246

diamond,...they make a excellent compressor
Diamond again - my juicer was too much when I bought a Bogner Shiva which already has a compressed tone. The Diamond fit perfectly and is fantastic with humbuckers - won't muddy them up or darken your tone.

Wooley

Bingo. For a long time I bought and sold tons of compressors only to discover that I didn't need them with humbuckers. That being said, I would highly advise you get a compressor that has an attack adjustment.
Yeah, that's the beauty of the Carl Martin, it is SO tweakable, it's just a wonderful (and I don't use that word often) pedal with a good buffer to boot.
However, can't take battery, so I can't use it on small gigs when I don't want to bring a powered board.

FWIW, I bought the Tone Press last night. I'll let y'all know what I think, but even if it ain't perfect, I suspect I'll probably keep it (I can always use it with other guitars).

thewex

plus the tone press has the internal colour control. i keep mine all the way on zero for that warm, vintage compression :)

Trending Topics