What is your preferred length for Cables!?!?!

The-Kid

Pedal Art: Providence Dealer
Vendor
Whats your preferred length regarding cables!?!?!

I am possibly going to add Providence Cables on to my reverb store and wanted some feedback as to peoples length of choice to offer a couple different standard lengths. I do sell and offer these exclusively on TGP for now so please PM for pricing if interested.

Cables can also be made to any length as they are made to order but just wanted to have a general idea as to players preferred lengths.

Currently offering in

1 meter/3 feet

2 meter/6 feet

3 meter/10 feet

5 meter/18 feet

7 meter/24 feet

10 meter/30 feet

Thank you in advanced and cheers!

Last edited:

Jahn

Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver
Silver Supporting Member
Studio use- Ten feet guitar to pedalboard. Six feet pedalboard to amp.

The Pup

No Complexity Without Value
Silver Supporting Member
10-15 feet. I am currently using a 12' cable.

Thanks for taking the time to get to know me a little bit more.

dbeeman

Platinum Supporting Member
15 ft or so guitar to board. 10 ft board to amp. The 15 ft is for some mobility, but also to add a slight bit of capacitance to make the pickup sound right

The-Kid

Vendor
Okay seem to be a lot of 10, 12, 15 and 18.

We do offer like 30 feet or 24 feet etc and can do 20 as its made to order.

May offer additional 12 and 15 foot options as well although a 12 foot would be 4$ more than standard 10 foot as its more than 3 meters and a 15 foot cost the same as a 5 meter/18 foot because 15 feet falls between 4-5 meters for example.

We simply just charge an extra 4$ per additional meter or whatever falls between that additional meter so its straightforward and customers know exactly what they are getting and what they are paying for.

The-Kid

Vendor
Thank you all for the feedback and definitely keep em coming and share your fave length!?!?!

Cheers, best guys and thank you :)

Teleplayer

Moder8er
Staff member
12ft. or 10ft. At home, I'll usually run one or the other length (depending on variables such as what I have available in the capacitance I want to use) to my tuner and boost, and then a 12ft. from the boost to my amp.

When I gigged or rehearsed on a soundstage, it was usually 10ft.

I try to keep the combined cable lengths of the cords I am using to a minimum.

The-Kid

Vendor
12ft. or 10ft. At home, I'll usually run one or the other length (depending on variables such as what I have available in the capacitance I want to use) to my tuner and boost, and then a 12ft. from the boost to my amp.

When I gigged or rehearsed on a soundstage, it was usually 10ft.

I try to keep the combined cable lengths of the cords I am using to a minimum.
Yeah same here.

Not that longer cables are bad. They are great but if I do go for a longer length it may be from guitar to board and would still have a 10 or 12 foot most likely going from board to amp still.

A cable in a longer cable run sometimes keeps much of its characteristic and profile with a 30 feet for example but there still may be some degradation felt for sure though

10-12 feet for me though from amp to board and guitar to board.

Good stuff

ctreitzell

I really struggled to find 2 meter cables when I was buying a couple years ago. Lengths of 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 3.0 meters are/ were in stock everywhere. 2meter was always a custom order.

I'm talking about stores in England.

Nowadays, I solder up my own custom lengths and cannot foresee doing it any other way in the future :)

SRQGuitar

Platinum Supporting Member
It depends on the size of the stage. For most small clubs 10’ cables get the most use for me. I usually carry a 15’ and a 20’ in case I need to run from the pedal board around the stage to the amp.

The-Kid

Vendor
I really struggled to find 2 meter cables when I was buying a couple years ago. Lengths of 0.5, 1.0, 1.5, 3.0 meters are/ were in stock everywhere. 2meter was always a custom order.

I'm talking about stores in England.

Nowadays, I solder up my own custom lengths and cannot foresee doing it any other way in the future :)
We are bigger out in Europe, Japan, SouthEast Asia so if you ever get a chance and see if you can see if you can find a dealer out there to supply raw cable and check us out for your builds and future plans.

Not going to say we make the best or perfect cable.....but I do think your going to like the sound and tone you get most times out of not :)

Cheers and thank you and everyone else for the feedback. Gives me a good idea of possible alternatives as far as length goes.

PedalFarmer

Silver Supporting Member
15 feet from the guitar to pedal board is perfect for me in every scenario. It allows a 30 foot swing, peak to peak, but isn't too long.

Of course as short as practical from board to amp makes sense, but that varies with context. I may use 10 foot at home, but need 20 or more at a gig with my amp behind me and board in front.

You have to include about five extra feet to reach the input on a stack, or put the head on the floor.

I'm not as concerned about cable length after the board affecting the tone since the signal is being driven by my pedals at that point.

Last edited:

The-Kid

Vendor
Also my guys throwing a TourBox here to try out the cables.

Def check out and participate if interested.

Cheers and thanks all for feedback and will add 2 or 3 different lengths aside from what we currently carry to meet players demands and expectations in the USA

Trending Topics