• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

What is your primary delay and what do you use it for?

monty

Have a bunch(DD7,20,500,CC ect) but the EHX Canyon gets most of the playing time.
Soundscapes, slapback whatever. I use it for all sorts of things.

buddaman71

Student of Life
Silver Supporting Member
Kemper delays for my main rig.

For my tube amp/pedalboard,I’ve spent $$$$ on delays over the years, and the Zoom MS50g are unbelievably good for a $99 unit that also has a killer tuner and great overdrive as well.

It changes a lot ...but right now I am back to using the
Visual Sound "Dual Tap Delay".

I always seem to get an endless amount of
pleasing sounds from that thing :)

JosephZdyrski

I use my DD3 for longer delays... but I’ve been experimenting with a tc Echobrain analog delay for some swirly shorter delays but lately it’s replaced my Yellow Fall as my main slap back .... I also have been using my Tera Echo as almost a slap back verb if that makes sense.... which is nice cuz it lets me use the freeze function to hold notes and not get too spacey....

If I wanted to run a simple board I’d just use the DD3 and the Tera Echo and I may do that soon for a simplified live board. Just have the TE2 do that slap back Verb thing and use the DD3 for lingers delays. I may want try a carbon copy as well soon too ...just cuz lol .. I think we all want to try stuff just cuz. Speaking of which I have a Joyo Voodoo Octave I grabbed yesterday for 25$ to play with :D

bruce1448

Timeline. Was using an El Cap for awhile and that's still my fave, but I felt a little limited and wanted midi control. Using the Timeline a TON now. Different preset per song, mostly using the Digital, dTape, and dBucket algorithms.

Feverdog

Moore Reecho. Small, cheap, 12 volts seems to open it up more. Use it mostly to hang some leads on, pretty subtle more reverb/echo feel

4b454e

Platinum Supporting Member
Minifooger for me.

I mostly run relay for prominent effect, longer times with only 1 or two repeats and mixed pretty high. Rarely slap back, sometimes to create a drone/bed

I like delay before drive but have been running it after fuzz (I’m new to fuzz, so I’m playing with lots of things differently lately - and, yes I need to Velcro one pedal, now that I know I’m keeping it haha).

I feel like the MF Delay was made to run before the amp and it’s great there (for me, of course)

View media item 159277

Last edited:
My only delay is a Korg SDD3000. I use it as a Reverb pedal, slap back and dotted 8th delay.

Short delay, ducking set to about 5.5, wet/dry about 5, on the Kosmic setting, it’s my favorite reverb ever.

I’ve tried a bunch of reverb pedals and delays, trying to find two standard sized pedals that can replace the console TV-sized Korg.

Nope, I’ve finally accepted that the next delay pedal I buy will probably be another Korg.

There’s a volume drop on the SDD setting but if I’ve got the amp dialed in louder than I need for the room, it’s not really a problem.

nnnnnn

DD-500, last in the chain before a clean amp when using distortion pedals or last in the FX loop if using preamp distortion.

I like DD-2 mode, usually only two to three repeats, generally delay time either 1s but very quiet, 450ms and a little louder but still quiet, or dotted 8th tap tempo at about 70% of direct volume. For most songs I have the treble on the repeats dialled down quite a bit.

Ramblin390

Ehh, carbon copy just as a tone enhancer, I have some other high price do it alls, but the carbon copy does what I need 99% of the time perfectly

TheMindful

Strymon El Capistan usually for subtle 1.5 repeats to fill out sound. Sometimes I crank up the mix and get weird with it, other times I use the looping function and create some textures to play with/over. When I'm not using my deluxe reverb, and use my JMP or AC30 I'll use the built in reverb. Really useful pedal with great tones.

boppy

I use an Ibanez AD-80 with the mix set low and moderate repeats for a Floydish reverby sound, and an Echo Park for distinct repeats, dotted 8ths, and general weirdness.
I recently traded a Carbon Copy (which I've never liked) for one of the Ibanez Mini Analog Delays. It makes a great backup for the ancient and sometimes wonky AD-80.

Dandy13

Home board: Tonal Recall rkm
Away board: Disaster Transport SR

Going through a phase for a while now where I use more reverb, less delay. I used to use delay as a pseudo reverb, now with all of the insane reverb pedal options out there I find myself doing the opposite.

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
Primary board is anchored by a Nova Repeater and sometimes has a CC Bright on it. Standard thickening and short slap back.

Second smaller board has an Alexander Quadrant with presets.

Third backup/jam board has a DD2 on it.

All are great delays imho. :aok

Trending Topics