What is your smoothest playing guitar?

Tone_Terrific

Supporting Member
This is purely a matter of individual fit and a good setup over some excellent fretwork.
It could be any guitar and will vary from person to person.
If, say PRS, deliver the fretwork and setup out of the box, the rest is just individual choice.

DGTCrazy

Mod Squad
Staff member
My Grosh Retro Classic Custom darn near plays itself. I've never owned a guitar that was so responsive to my touch, fit my hand so well, and had so many wonderful tonal variations with the blend capability. I honestly couldn't have imagined how my Guitar GAS would be cured by one guitar....but it did.

JUSTJOB

My favorite guitar is a Strat, and I have two excellent playing ones, but, the smoothest playing guitars I have are; my Les Paul Special DC ( literally, plays almost by itself!), and I also have a Seagull Performer CW Folk acoustic that plays amazing (24.5" scale with fairly low action).

For me a shorter scale combined with fairly low action, and good fretwork, (not too low, about 1/16" @12th fret with a well cut nut) give up the easy playability. But, still, time, and time again I tend to reach for my Strats, although, that Seagull is getting more, and more playtime.

Last edited:

FlyingVBlues

Gold Supporting Member
I have a Gibson L5-S that I bought from Guitar Trader’s was originally Pat Martino’s. It has the best neck of any guitar I have ever played. The best way to describe it is silky smooth. The second best guitar I’ve played is Tradarama’s Goldtop Steven’s LJ with a Skyway Trem. The guitar is phenomenal and practically plays itself.

FVB

Heinz W

Genuine '66 Relic
Gold Supporting Member
Mine is my LP, the short scale makes for slinky action. Plays very smooth. I never had any issues with the nut binding and I just tweaked the truss rod for only the third time in five years. It played great when new and still does though the action is slightly higher now.

Guess a lot depends upon where you buy, doesn't it?

vltjd

Silver Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Comins Lyrist. It just fits in my hands so perfectly, is well balanced and sounds just the way I wanted it to sound. Felt like an old friend from the first day.

Heinz W

Genuine '66 Relic
Gold Supporting Member
Mine is my LP, the short scale makes for slinky action. Plays very smooth. I never had any issues with the nut binding and I just tweaked the truss rod for only the third time in five years. It played great when new and still does though the action is slightly higher now.

Guess a lot depends upon where you buy, doesn't it?

bluesjuke

Disrespected Elder
My '59 Historic 335s.
Been playing both all weekend since I got home Friday afternoon so far.

Last edited:

cosmic_ape

Supporting Member
PRS Custom 22, no contest! That thing made me rethink my neck preferences. It is so smooth...

MrDoty

Apparently most of you have not played a Parker fly. As frets on a carbon fingerboard....no Lester can top that.