What it's 'really' like to work in a Music Store (19 second youtube)

Lucidology

Silver Supporting Member
What it's 'really' like to work in a Music Store (19 second youtube)
Been there .... done that!! Bet it's been like wise for many others here.

Last edited:

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
That is why I frequent my local shops within an hour of opening.
Too bad for the employees... Having to sell single strings and remind players their guitar actually can go out of tune after it leaves the shop.

Rod

Tone is Paramount
Gold Supporting Member
I owed and ran a guitar store for 30 years......I remember those sounds! Aaaaahhhhhhhhh

TNJ

Gold Supporting Member
Wow…talking about a major harsh to the mellow.

By appointment only doesn't sound so bad after all!

S.
j

Tone Loco

Gold Supporting Member
Wow, I never considered how bad it would be to be trapped there all day! I usually can't wait to get out. That must be excruciating for a musician.

It's really a no win situation though. Buyers need to test drive things but unlike a vehicle you can't take it elsewhere to do it.

janosfia

Headphone amps. Guitar stores should use them.

So I guess it's not only Guitar Center where you hear this.

Tone Loco

Gold Supporting Member
Headphone amps. Guitar stores should use them.
That might be OK for testing guitars, but what about amps? Though I admit, even after testing in the closed "amp room" it's hard to know how an amp is really going to sound in the real world. But at least you can get a general idea of how one sounds compared to another. It's bringing it up near real world volume that gets problematic.

Radspin

When I worked in a music store, for about a year and a half in the late '70s, the last thing I wanted to to when I got home was play music. It's a serious occupational hazard.

Trending Topics