what kind of AM fuzz is this?

youandme

Platinum Supporting Member
hi,
i just came back from my local shop and listened to a AM sun face that was called 2SB 175 if i remember correctly... can't find it on the AM page...
what is it?

charmboy

There's mention of AM using 1960's Japanese 2SB transistors about 1/4 of the way down on this page:
http://analogman.com/fuzzface.htm

"We also have some really cool 1960s Japanese 2SB transistors that we are using for our standard germanium (non NKT) Sunfaces. These are a little brighter and fuzzier than the NKTs, and cannot get totally clean..."

analogmike

Vendor
Yes, the 2SB are old Japanese germanium transistors, one of my (and Marc Ford's) favorites. You will often see a 2SB in old Fulltone '69 pedals.

youandme

Platinum Supporting Member
Yes, the 2SB are old Japanese germanium transistors, one of my (and Marc Ford's) favorites. You will often see a 2SB in old Fulltone '69 pedals.
what is your favorite??? i am in serious trouble,the store had the nkt 275,bc108,2sb and the pep....DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO? :dunno :)
probably buy them all....:bonk

goodhonk

what is your favorite??? i am in serious trouble,the store had the nkt 275,bc108,2sb and the pep....DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO? :dunno :)
probably buy them all....:bonk
what a nice problem to have. i would love to be able to try out some of these boutique pedals before purchasing; i usually have to go off of demos or word of mouth.

charmboy

My vote goes to either the nkt275 or peppermint. I have both and they're amazing... Of course those are the only two I've tried so I'm guessing you can't go wrong either way!

Trending Topics