What kind of dolly do you guys use?

Yer Blues

I've got a small PA that I will be using with one of the bands I play with and the sub is heavy. I need a dolly to make my life a lot easier. It will be used to carried powered speakers, a single powered sub, and I guess I will also start loading my guitar gear on it just to make it easier as more gear means more trips and more work.

I was thinking one like this? Any advice/experience as to why I should go with something else?

Nebakanezer

I use an old beat up hand truck, (similar to the examples above, it was given to me) to load in my mains and subs. And the Rock-n-roller cart for everything else. The band can load in under 6 trips back and forth. I can get an acoustic duo in one trip with the Rock-n-roller. A drummer friend convinced me it's worth it years ago and last year I talked another drummer I know into getting one. Money well spent!

clarkram

I've got a small PA that I will be using with one of the bands I play with and the sub is heavy. I need a dolly to make my life a lot easier. It will be used to carried powered speakers, a single powered sub, and I guess I will also start loading my guitar gear on it just to make it easier as more gear means more trips and more work.

I was thinking one like this? Any advice/experience as to why I should go with something else?
I got one that looks like that from musicians friend, $79, 275lb capacity. I like it because the handle and wheels fold flat, easy to put anywhere.

Rayneman

Silver Supporting Member
I've owned a Rock n Roller cart for over ten years and it's served me well for amps and cabs.
http://rocknroller-multicart.myshopify.com
The Rock n Roller was one of the best purchases I've ever made. I can carry my entire rig without even extending it (when I use a combo) and that's two guitars, Fender combo amp, pedal board in case, two stands, amp stand, gig bag. I think it will hold 500 lbs.

Tom CT

Old Supporting Member
Magliner. The best.
Strong, yes, but non-collapsable and heavy. Plus, the small plate on the bottom is only useful for a pile of items that can be stacked. Non-rectangular items (Mackie monitors, guitars, etc.) might work better on something with a larger platform like the RocknRoller offerings.

Cgkindler

It's a colapsable, 300lb hand cart. Got it for $65 off amazon

Does a great job for me, and I'll load it to the gills! Lol

Trending Topics