• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

What kind of guitar do you play?

Yer Blues

These types of questions throw me off.... some guy asked me and I replied "many styles very badly". Then he started rattling off things like acoustic, acoustic dreadnaught, acoustic classical, electric full scale?

I use to find these conversations akward and uncomfortable, but now I've learned to embrace them...... "here's a copy of an album with a band I play with", "check out this band online at...", or "if you're curious check me out at Joe's Pub this weekend". Of course no one does. :)

bgh

Silver Supporting Member
Usually, when I say "left-handed", most people respond with "huh?".

ggwwbb

Silver Supporting Member
I had a guy ask me once if I played rhythm or lead.....I told him neither, I just play guitar

GulfportBound

I play the blues, with some jazz and soul influences in my playing. On one of these . . .

. . . through this, modded to get the breakup/dirt out . . .

. . . and nothing but a volume pedal between them.

Silvio55

Mainly blues rock, hard rock and blues, with my home made Les Paul (mahogany, maple and rosewood, gibson classic '57 PU's) and an Epi 355 (with DiMarzios Air Classics), I gig and rehearsal with an 18 watter clone combo 1x12 (also home made), and a Vox nightrain 15 for home practicing.

sahhas

Silver Supporting Member
i'm sort of back to playing this one:

the neck is from an 80s paul c's guitar, and is just too good for feel!

I'm the guy singing, who happens to have a guitar strap over his shoulder and his hands are moving. :^)

If you're hearing some "wheedily-wheedily", that's not me!

I'm playing the parts that the non musicians in the crowd cannot even recognize.

For all they know, my amp could be busted. :^)

Phil M

Shapeshifting Member
Silver Supporting Member
I had a guy ask me once if I played rhythm or lead.....I told him neither, I just play guitar
I hate this question and just had this conversation with a prospective bandmate last weekend. I play either/or ... or both.

Hack Prophet

vile mighty wretched
I used to try and qualify: like old-timey punk folk jazz country...etc

Now I just say Rock 'N Roll

Trending Topics

Top Bottom