What kind of loop station is this and where can I find one?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by MadeByShady, Jan 25, 2012.

1. MadeByShady

MadeByShady Member

2. TenneyThe2nd

TenneyThe2nd Member

3. MadeByShady

MadeByShady Member

Okay thanks! I'll try looking for a Boss RC50.. what about the any additional things? Do I need a special mic or other accessories?

4. TenneyThe2nd

TenneyThe2nd Member

That guy definitely used some adapters or other gear to get a mic to go into the RC-50.

That particular mic is phantom powered, so I'm betting he had a mixer to power the mic and also to preamp it, using the mixer aux send or recording output to go to the looper. Then he may have even gone out of the looper and back into the mixer.

5. TenneyThe2nd

TenneyThe2nd Member

Oh, wait! Nevermind. The RC-50 has a Mic input.

That makes it easy :)

6. MadeByShady

MadeByShady Member

7. 78deluxe

78deluxe Member

That is an Boss RC-50, however those are needlessly complicated, have a poor user interface, and execution of a looper (in my opinion). There is a reason Boss discontinued it rather quickly (despite their inital claims of it being the "ultimate looper"). It does have phantom power on the MIC input.

I'd check out the Digitech JamMan Stereo instead (unless you need phantom power, or the included rhythm tracks of the boss). I'm guessing the "scratching" at the end was pre-recorded, so you will have to "load" those kinds of sounds/recordings into the jamman. External phantom power can be used, and you can load rhythm tracks via a computer, and store them internally in a jamman.