What kind of music do you play?

2HBStrat

What musical genre best descibes the music that you play?
1. Jazz
2. Blues
3. Classic Rock
4. Country
5. Big Band
6. Polka
7. Modern Rock/Indie
8. Top 40
9. Classical
10. Ska/Reggae
11. Hard Rock
12. Metal
13. R&B/Soul
14. Rap

neoprimitive

Industrial grindcore djenty polka most of the time..
The rest of the time I play, metal, jazzy stuff, alternative hard rock, funk, and fusion.
But mostly it's all about the heavy polka stuff. :p

derekd

Silver Supporting Member
I mostly play
Jazz
Blues
Rock
Some R&B
Some Country
Some Bluegrass
However, I will try and play whatever the situation calls for.

ZeyerGTR

Blues, blues/rock, classic rock, jazz, metal, classical, country... I used to gig with a Norwegian Folk band, but it's been a few years. Haven't kept up my Norwegian Folk chops...

Most of what I play (and listen to) is straight blues or classic rock-type of stuff. I listen to more metal than I play, and I play more country than I listen to. I just started getting into jazz, fusion and classical playing a couple years ago so those are new areas for me that I'm having fun with and learning a lot from.

speedemon

Other people's mostly (not famous ones though):FM

Most people think of it as heavy metal. "Rock" band is calling it a day tonight (ohh I made a funny!).

Lewguitar

Louis Armstrong said: "There's only two kinds of music - good and bad. I play the good kind."

I also play the good kind.

pbmw

I play whatever moves me at the moment
Usually Blues, rock, classics, country, jazz, funk, fusion...
I like it all.
Kinda depends on who I'm playing with and where.

CowTipton

Gold Supporting Member
Mostly blues-rock and classic metal.
A sprinkle of other styles as well.

All done poorly of course.

tweedfix

The kind that makes my cat glare at me with annoyance, a wrong note cacophony that makes me feel like a snake shedding it's skin. If I turn it up too loud, it's the kind that makes the cops show up.

FWBubbs

The kind that makes my cat glare at me with annoyance, a wrong note cacophony that makes me feel like a snake shedding it's skin. If I turn it up too loud, it's the kind that makes the cops show up.
We should jam and see if we get arrested. Or shot.

tweedfix

We should jam and see if we get arrested. Or shot.
Yes, and we should let it all go non-viral, seeping into a dirt floor, off the high pressure atmosphere, back into the ether , from where it came. I tune to the constellations that can only be seen by a mind panicked by it's limited destructive intellect....in E