• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

What kind of routing is under the G&L Tribute ASAT Classic?

TheGrooveking

I am contemplating changing the pickups in my G&L Tribute Semi-Hollow ASAT Classic, but before doing so I was wondering if what routing exists under the pickguard. I was contemplating putting a humbucker in the neck position if the routing is large enough, any info would be appreciated.

TheGrooveking

Mrjoelv

You will have to route out the guitar for the humbucker to fit. A buddy of mine just did the same thing to his tribute ASAT. He had a local guitar tech route out the body and the pickguard. It looks and plays real good. He has a picture of it somewhere here on the gear page.

TheGrooveking

Thanks Mrjoelv, what is your friend's handle/name here on TGP, I'll do a search for that post. I was hoping that they universally routed so the Tele body could take the single coil/MFD/humbucking type pickups, but no such luck. I've done this to other guitars, such as my 74' Gibson Les Paul Deluxe, I opened her up to receive a Duncan JB and an Alnico Pro II. Also a MIJ Fender Stratocaster to accept humbucker in the bridge and the neck positions, there I threw in a Duncan Pealy Gates in the bridge and a DiMarzio FRED in the neck. I was just a little more concerned about clamping a semi-hollow guitar up in my Bridgeport mill.

Thanks,

TheGrooveking

Trending Topics