What kind of Speaker cable are you using for your Head and Cab

nolenuttt

Platinum Supporting Member
Whatever Victor Mason puts together at Mojave-They are incredible-Call him-He's a great guy!!:D

LSchefman

Mogami speaker wire or Monster. Thick ones. :)

And I can't actually tell the difference by listening. I'm not sure if this is good or bad.

Baba

Silver Supporting Member
Originally posted by LSchefman
Mogami speaker wire or Monster. Thick ones. :)

And I can't actually tell the difference by listening. I'm not sure if this is good or bad.
Not bad at all, I use Monster, but can't tell the difference when I use a long Rapco, or whatever no name one I have lying around here.

jrigg

I ordered a Mulder Audio cable for a combo amp that sounded amazing. Ordered them for my Marshall to cabinet connection and they proved to have an extended frequency range and much "smoother" sounding hi end than the 12 gauge Monster/Neutrik cables I had been using. I also ordered additional connectors to wire the inside of my cabinet. When I get it all hooked up I'll post the results.

big mike

Cathode biased
Originally posted by Baba
Not bad at all, I use Monster, but can't tell the difference when I use a long Rapco, or whatever no name one I have lying around here.
Me too.

Nor can i tell the diff when using the old Zip Chord with Switchcraft ends.

r9player

Gold Supporting Member
Gold tipped Monster cable for one.
Very thick 16 Gauge? Bayou on the other one.

T

The Cat

Originally posted by Amplite
Zip cord from Home Depot - Sounds amazing I'm serious!
And soundcraft plugs!:
Smartest post yet!
Must be a vet.

Dudes! It's stranded copper wire.

That is all you will ever need. No need to fall prey to marketing hype.

16 ga is fine ( because it is thicker than the wire in your transformers or speakers), your signal is only as good as your weakest link... 14 ga is good for a long run, to be safe.

Scott Peterson

TGP Co-Founder and Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Santana Brazilian
I like the thick Bayou cable best, so far.
Been through lots of cheap and expensive cables; same here. Bayou Cables all the way for me please.

GM1

I use Mulder between my Bruno head and cab. I had been using Monster, the Mulder is better.

BountyHuntr

Just bought a used Zwengel with what looked like typical Radio Shack speaker cable. Fell prey to the hype and order the Mulder x cable.... Glad I fell prey!!! Huge improvement!

Power Freak

I am using Van Damme cable at the moment, just because I got it for a cheap price.

It sounds OK to me but is no where near as good as the Evidence cable that I tried, but that did cost much more (about 10 times more!)

:)

Trending Topics