What kind of straps are you guys using?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by nosajwp, Sep 27, 2006.

1. nosajwp

nosajwp Member

I want a new strap for my PRS CU24, and I can't decide what to get. Currently I have a Planet Waves padded 3" wide bass strap. I'm thinking of either a PRS leather "birds" strap, a Comfort Strapp, or something else alltogether. Comfort is my main concern, but I want it to look good too.

Also, I tend to wear my guitar high. One thing I don't like about a lot of leather straps is that when I have them adjusted where I want them, there is a really long tail hanging off of my bottom strap button, which looks really tacky.

What do you guys use for straps?

2. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

check out mansons straps...I heard theyre wicked! I prefer those normal, cheap $5 levys material straps over anything else. Ive got this other like $100 tooled leather strap I bougth cause' I thought it would look good with my tele (which it does), but, I dont like how it feels!

3. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

I have a really nice leather one with soft padding... it was like $20 at Rock Block... great strap. I had a Clayton leather strap before that is now used for my acoustic, er, sometimes. Because this new one is great for the PRS... soft padding, firm strap, I have a little tail hanging off the bottom strap, but not much, I think... I wear it high, too, or my hands get all f@#$ed up.

4. lukeness

lukeness Member

I have the PRS birds leather strap for both my PRSi. They're both black, but one is softer than the other. Both are really nice.

If I had to get another strap, I'd get an Eyeland Strap for sure.

http://www.eyelandenterprises.com/

5. ronin32

ronin32 Member

6. CaseyI

CaseyI Member

$6.00 earnie ball black, if its good enough for clapton, it's good enough for me.

7. kidamerica17

kidamerica17 Member

I have one of the couch vinyl straps and they are really comfortable. Highly recommended!

8. James Knox

James Knox Member

I like the skinny little Fender Vintage straps like you see in old photos of Buddy Holly, etc.

9. Zuper

Zuper Supporting Member

10. Douge

Douge Member

I use the Comfort Strapps and I love them! They really are very comfortable! The only straps I will ever use!

11. webs

webs Supporting Member

I've got the levy's boot leather one, no complaints. Never liked anything other than leather for straps.

12. Dave Orban

Dave Orban Gold Supporting Member

I have an Eldorado, and also a bunch of straps from this guy: www.doubletreble.com. His Water Buffalo Hide straps are INCREDIBLY comfortable. :dude

13. Todd Lynch

Todd Lynch Member

I like the high-end Levy's stuff - glove leather backed with some paddding, comfortable.

14. brown meadows

brown meadows Member

i want the Vox Python strap they sell at North Coast Music.

15. guitardude5

guitardude5 Member

I've been loving these Levy's Leathers suede straps for years on the figured wood guitars. They are available in MANY colors with different piping trim. They are also comfortable and don't slide around a lot due to the suede. I use one of the narrower model MS12 suede straps on my strat. I use an old Klondyke tweed strap for my butterscotch tele.

16. slowburn

slowburn Supporting Member

$5 gibson nylon strap my (then girlfriend) wife bought for me like 10 yrs ago when my original strap got stolen.

17. lcjc800

lcjc800 Member

about a year ago this crackhead wanders into the music store I sometimes work at wanting to sell this beautiful WIDE black leather strap with a nice nickle buckle on it, I gave him $7.00 out of my pocket and after delousing and freshening it(smokers), it is a great strap, soft, sturdy and stable, even my Firebird doesn't drift down with it:dude . and I've got a really nice Jodi Head strap that is just an awesome shiny red with Gold embroidered Dragons:AOK maybe you can see it in this picture.[​IMG] I were BLACK on stage mostly so they both work well, I have about 1/2 dozen other black ones most Levi's, but they rarely get used.

18. Serious Poo

Serious Poo Armchair Rocket Scientist Graffiti Existentialist Gold Supporting Member

19. bluesmain

bluesmain Member

Couple of Levy's here and I think a planet waves one. That is one hip Vibro king rig!