• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

What Lollars in most Nashes?

jamison162

I wanted to hear some Lollar's since I'm on the hunt for the right pickups for my Grosh. Went by and played some Nash's today but they had no clue which Lollars were in those guitars, no spec sheets or anything.
Anyone know what the std spec might be.

And by the way, I don't know if it was the guitar or pickups, but the combination really didn't do much for me. I was playing through a /13 RSA23c.

rickc007

Gold Supporting Member
all of the ones I have seen were "Dirty Blondes"

which I believe is
Blonde in neck and mid
"special" or "high output" in the bridge

all sounded killer

nice mix

jamison162

Hmm, I thought the blondes would have sounded better, maybe they were adjusted too low for the A2's. Nash probably has no idea they're A2's and how to set them up. That guitar really was a joke; of course I've never been impressed by a Nash. Guess I really can't judge the Lollars until I put them in my guitar.

jetydosa

Gold Supporting Member

Not sure if they are propritary to Nash or a "relabled" other Lollar, but they are labeled "Lollar" and "Nash" on the bottom. At any rate they are by far the best sounding single coils I have ever heard in a Strat.

Trebor Renkluaf

I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse?
Gold Supporting Member
all of the ones I have seen were "Dirty Blondes"

which I believe is
Blonde in neck and mid
"special" or "high output" in the bridge

all sounded killer

nice mix
Didn't know they were called "Dirty Blondes" but my understanding is your are correct: blonde neck/middle and special bridge.

SnidelyWhiplash

Silver Supporting Member

Not sure if they are propritary to Nash or a "relabled" other Lollar, but they are labeled "Lollar" and "Nash" on the bottom. At any rate they are by far the best sounding single coils I have ever heard in a Strat.

My 06 Nash tele's p.u.'s are labeled " Nash ",also.

dave s

I inquired about this as well. Neither Jason Loller or Nash could properly identify what pickups were installed in my T-63 Nash.

Mine looked just like yours--non-identifying white hand scrawled information on the bottom of each pickup.

dave

JackButler

Silver Supporting Member
Usually Two blondes and a special.
I have two Nash guitars that he made directly for me long ago, amazing.
I played one other he made for a dealer and it was cool.
So I picked up a hardtail on ebay, came yesterday, amazing!
I love his stuff, my favorite guitars.
My #1 has Rio Grandes in it and it is the greasiest strat out there.
My other two have the Lollars, going to swap out one set of the Lollars for some Bareknuckles I have laying around and see how they do.

Also, check out Lovwepedal's Old World guitars, wanna talk about amazing feeling and looking! Wowzas!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom