What Looks Like a Strat but Sounds Like a Tele?

JCW308

Silver Supporting Member
I love the looks of Strats but the sound of a Tele. Teles, to me,l ook strange. The headstock is odd and the bridge looks like an unfinished project. But the sound, love it!

So, what looks Like a Strat but sounds like a Tele?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Astronaut FX

Silver Supporting Member
Just take a Strat body (before routing) and have it routed and configured like a Tele.

Last edited:

Chicago Slim

The outer coils, have a good Tele sound. It's the setting that I use the most, followed by the bridge humbucker. The Inner coils will still give me the Strat, out of phase sound, that is about my third, most used pickup selection. I used to wire my SSS Strats for a single master Tone, and so that I can use the neck and bridge together. I was also playing Tele's at the time. Now, I'm now happier with the Blacktop HH wiring.

411464866.jpg

burntumbers

one option is...a Peavey T15
doesn't really look like a strat,
but the bridge pickup has a tele-like sound
and in the middle you get that quack sound.
no tremolo though.

there's the new Ibanez Talmans with tele pickups
one is a nashville too.

or just buy a strat copy and plop some tele pickups in

JCW308

Silver Supporting Member
That great but what is it? You're saying this is a Blacktop?

The outer coils, have a good Tele sound. It's the setting that I use the most, followed by the bridge humbucker. The Inner coils will still give me the Strat, out of phase sound, that is about my third, most used pickup selection. I used to wire my SSS Strats for a single master Tone, and so that I can use the neck and bridge together. I was also playing Tele's at the time. Now, I'm now happier with the Blacktop HH wiring.

411464866.jpg

s2y

Very nice. I love the sound of my Stambaugh. I much prefer the feel of a Strat style body. Ultimately, I'm stuck with the Tele shape due to my B-Bender. Still a killer guitar but doesn't hang like a Strat.

Sigmund

I'd try a bridge singlecoil with a baseplate, ideally a tele bridge pickup.
Some people run tele bridgepickups in strats with great results.
You will probably lose some tele character if you don't have a pickup that's mounted in the bridgeplate.
But then again, the Tom Anderson telecasters use a regular hardtail bridge and sounds plenty tele-like for most people...

Chicago Slim

That great but what is it? You're saying this is a Blacktop?

Yes. It's the discontinued Blacktop Strat. I'm thinking of buying a second one, while there are still a few new one's, available. The necks are gloss, with the spaghetti logo. 9.5" radius, with medium jumbo frets. I love the neck.

Position 1 = bridge, 2 = outer coils, 3 = both humbuckers, 4 = inner coils, 5 = neck. Most of the pickup explanations that you'll find, are wrong.

m.e.

Talking like a jerk except I am an actual jerk
Gold Supporting Member
Maybe a DAG Telstar? I think I saw one in the Emporium a few days ago.

Jakejj2000

I love the looks of Strats but the sound of a Tele. Teles, to me,l ook strange. The headstock is odd and the bridge looks like an unfinished project. But the sound, love it!

So, what looks Like a Strat but sounds like a Tele?

Thanks!
Get a strat, and put tele pickups in it!!!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom