How you dress and your gear is absolutely immaterial. If those things matter to you, you're just a judgemental jerk. A worse offense than being a hack.
- Needs to look at chords to play song
- Need to read lyrics from a print out to sing song
- Has literally no concept of groove or time--what it is or why it matters
- Doesn't know the names of the parts of songs: like what a bridge is
- Talks of "Touring" when their ability is barely above garage jamming
I'd put the remaining hacks into 2 categories:
- reasonable shortcuts we all take sometimes
- idiocy born of inexperience
In fact, I (used to) go see players much, much better than me that routinely work from cheat sheets at shows. It does not keep them from being really good and excellent performers.
But if all you do is chain stitch hacks together, it does not add up to music. At some point, you need to give enough of a damn and pay enough attention to actually put something together that's worth listening to.