What makes Nocaster better guitar than Telecaster?

Zillie

what are the factors that make you prefer Nocasters? (according to the yesterday' comparison topic) Is it the U-neck or the pickups or anything else? Fender website doesn't talk about any other unique features...

thanks in advance
Martin

Polynitro

neck and pickups

hardware and electronics are the same, the only difference is the CS sources different ash for the bodies and the finish is thinner on the Nocaster and looks different.

dead mike

i was so into theother post onthetopic that i went down to the store and tried out 3 of them last week. I did like the pups better on them than my 52 reissue and the body finish was not as thick. THe neck was a monster, to big for me anyway and im a big dude. Playability wise (for me) i like the rounded profile of the 52. I can see guys that like BIG necks loving this guitar. I also played a 58 LP which i thought was supposed to have a big neck, the Nocaster was way way bigger. Nice guitar for sure

audiodrome

Nothing as far as I'm concerned. It really depends on the Telecaster. I tried a CS Nocaster and believe me, it did feel and play great but I didn't like the vintage wiring and aesthetically, I've never liked the "blank" Nocaster decal.

When I finally laid my hands on my CS '52 Telecaster "Special Edition" Heavy Relic I knew that I had found the perfect guitar. Playability-wise and feel-wise I'm sure that the Nocaster and this Limited Release '52 Telecaster are very similar but mine just had a certain magic that I've never felt with a guitar before. I don't know if it's the light swamp ash body, the perfect neck, or the custom electronics, but this guitar has it all! The resonance and the vibe that it gives off acoustically is just incredible!

"Hot Rod Lincoln" comes to mind when I try to describe the sound. The great thing about this guitar is that each pickup has a very distinct and uesful sound. The neck pickup (Twisted Tele) has a vintage Strat-like tone (I think I like it even better than my own Stratocaster Strat tone) and the bridge pickup (Hot Broadcaster) is sheer Telecaster twang heaven. I also should mention that the relic job on this guitar is top-notch.

From what I've heard they didn't make too many of these '52 CS Telecaster Relics so you don't see them very often. Most of the time you see the CS '51 Nocaster Relics. According to the Fender Custom Shop's Mike Eldred the 2008 Custom '52 Telecaster Relic was designed as his dream Telecaster and it remains one of his favorites. Check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geQSj49oK_o

Zillie

ok, and is Nocaster swamp ash (like 52 Tele) or hard ash as Polynitro said that Custom Shop sources different ash for the bodies?

Trending Topics