• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

What Makes This Song Great : Whole Lotta Love

twinrider1

I love it when he explains how choices made affect the song, like changing from a minor to a major at a certain point. But there's a fair amount of just playing individual tracks and playing the parts. He did this, and then he did this; more of an autopsy really. Still, I watch every one and they're enjoyable.

I Am Misery

How does he separate all the different parts on the computer? What do I need to do that?
ugh. you need the "master tapes", which is basically what he's got in digital form. there is no software that magically "does this" to a stereo recording.

frijoleghost

Silver Supporting Member
everyone is entitled to their opinion... but this is just ridiculous.
i owned the first album in 1969 and played the hell out of it... i confidently stand by my assessment of their subsequent output - of course, ymmv, but led zeppelin became unlistenable to my ears, and i have full trust in my ears

Mudder

I'm not sure his evaluation changed anything for rock music aficionados, but if you're a casual listener there was some really interesting stuff. The drums, the bass, just how good Plant was, the theremin and recording tricks, doubled voice track, panning guitar and reverb opposite, all eye opening stuff for someone not as into things as a lot of you guys. Plus his enthusiasm is infectious.

Trending Topics