what matchless is carlos playing in this pic?

wsaraceni

Supporting Member
hahaha. really? didnt know that they made a reverb that was as big as the other amp head?

jTreu

Originally posted by wsaraceni
hahaha. really? didnt know that they made a reverb that was as big as the other amp head?
i edited my post with a better pic of one

wsaraceni

Supporting Member
Originally posted by jTreu
i edited my post with a better pic of one
wow. never knew matchless made a reverb and a trem/vibrato effects thingamabob. How did they sound? They seem very pricey!!

jTreu

Originally posted by wsaraceni
wow. never knew matchless made a reverb and a trem/vibrato effects thingamabob. How did they sound? They seem very pricey!!
I actually dont know much about them, i jsut recognized, but if its matchless its probably quality.

pirateflynn

Supporting Member
I have the same reverb unit and it sounds great. You can use it as a footswitchable boost as well which is really cool. Very expensive, selling used for around $1000.- $1200.

:cool:

wsaraceni

Supporting Member
are they meant to be used in the loop or in front of an amp? have you tried the TV-1 as well as the reverb? why are they soooo ugly too. i love the way the rest of the matchless look.

pirateflynn

Supporting Member
Yep........it's kinda big and industrial looking. Sounds killer though plus the looks of it will grow on you. I've never tried a tremelo unit but I did own a Hurricane 15 for awhile and I liked the trem on it. It's only money!

:cool:

davebc

Actually,that's a promo shot of Carlos showing off his new Spring line of fashion.
Carlos has been quoted as saying,
"In 6 months everyone will be wearing it!"

The effect clothes have on great tone cannot be underestimated.

tedwoods

The RV-1 is the 'verb.They also made a killer outboard tremolo-vibrato the TV-1.

I hope Matchless will consider re-issuing them at some point!

Ted

wsaraceni

Supporting Member
are there schematics for these online. i was going to build an amp from a kit but maybe one of these would be a cool first build

Trending Topics