1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

What microphone do you use to record your band at gigs?

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by fast ricky love, Dec 11, 2005.

1. fast ricky love

fast ricky love Supporting Member

I was using an Audio Technica AT822 plugged into a Sony MiniDisc recorder and getting decent results.

At our last gig I left the mic behind and might have lost it...

So if I need to replace it I wonder what options there are or if I should just stick with that one...?

2. jokerjkny

jokerjkny Member

Rode NT4 stereo mic -> Tascam US122 -> Dell laptop -> Audacity

i used to have another setup, but then figured since i'm transferring to my laptop anyways, might as well cut out the middle man. ;)

here's a clip.

but try PM'ing ScottL, he uses a really small diaphram mic like yours, and he's gotten some great results.

3. fast ricky love

Thanks, nice guitar tone on that! What was it?

4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny Member

thx ;)

les paul w/ wagner goodwoods -> Keeley Blues Driver w/ Phat mod on -> Clark Lil Bit LTD -> Sennheiser E609 -> PA

but try www.minidisco.com

they have a great selection of mics for your mini disc player.

5. fast ricky love

6. MrDOS

MrDOS Guest

I'm real happy with this combo: Audio Technica AT825 Stereo Condenser Microphone plugged into a Marantz PMD-670.

7. DiazDude

DiazDude Member

I second Minidisco!!:AOK I use a minidisc setup from them.
    I use Sound Professionals SP-BMC3 Standard Binaural Microphones
    $70. 20-20000k responce andSound Pros SP-SPSB1S Slim Premium Battery Module with Bass Roll-off. $80. Along with a Sony MZ-NH1 recorder. $280
    I've used this for my band and at concerts (Allmans, Gov't Mule, Derek Trucks) and I still freak out at the quality.