What middle pickup on a Gibson (Melody Maker) for a Tele neck pickup kind of tone?

cyberprimate

I want to add a middle pickup on my Melody Maker. Both bridge and neck pickups are Gibson humbuckers. I know I'll never get that Tele neck sound but I'd like to get as close as possible in that direction. Sweet bright tone with a with a certain vocal quality. What pickup would you recommend? Firebird? Melody Maker? Or the Telecaster neck pickup itself (string spacing is similar to Tele neck in that middle position (around 51mm))

tonedover

This Is Fine.
Gold Supporting Member
twisted tele neck pup from fender.

supposedly excellent tonally yet a touch hotter to balance with hotter tele bridge pups.

i put a “plain” mim fender tele neck pup in the center postion of my strat for fun once. kept it that way for 2 years. was cool. go for it

Flogger59

Twisted Tele is a great recommendation for a neck pickup. But it'll be in the wrong spot and will sound like the middle position on a Strat that few use.

You would get better mileage from splitting a coil on the neck humbucker.

cyberprimate

I don't care if it's out of balance in terms of output with the other two pickups. I'm considering giving that middle pickup its own circuit with its own output.

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom